Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Fall 2018)
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 180678
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program.
Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 14-16 weeks during a typical academic semester. Preference is availability to commit to 2 co-op rotations.Primary Function of Position:
- Support Manufacturing Engineers with product and process input to enhance manufacturing processes
- Provides product and process Design for manufacturability input to enhance manufacturing and service processes
- Assists in creation and maintenance of efficient manufacturing assembly line
- Gains efficient experience with Agile and other business tools that would lead to specifying and/or refining BOMs, work flow processes and detailed work instructions.
- Provides training and support to manufacturing technicians.
- Supports the design, qualification, documentation and introduction of production and service assembly/test fixtures and equipment.
- Learns technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Participates in initiative focused on yield improvement, material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and outsourcing of assemblies.
Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2 years of Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree completed.
Great work ethic and an enthusiasm for problem solving.
Excellent communication skills
Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment.Learning Outcomes:
Understand set up of production lines, documentations and qualifications needed to perform day to day business in the surgical medical robot industry.
Become skilled at documentation release in Agile, understand BOM structure of the product and become familiar with business systems such as SAP and PMC Database.We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.