Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Clinical Sales Manager - Denver
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver-Denver
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position
The U.S. da Vinci® Clinical Sales Manager reports to the U.S. da Vinci® Clinical Sales Director. The da Vinci® Clinical Sales Manager plays a critical role in building and developing the clinical field sales team within his/her region. The major responsibilities are to manage and direct the utilization of the da Vinci Surgical System within their installed base. This will include managing installations, training and utilization growth within their assigned region and the hiring, training, and development of Clinical Sales Representatives.
- Develop and implement da Vinci® Surgery sales activities to achieve and exceed goals set by senior management
- Expand da Vinci® Surgery usage in all existing accounts
- Expand da Vinci® Surgery usage by selling and training new surgeons in all specialties applicable to the da Vinci® Surgical System
- Manage training and education process within installed base
- Lead new system installation process
- Prospect for new system installations and system upgrades to existing base
- Moderate to extensive travel
- Provide clinical sales team with new product information or new information on existing products
- Work with the training and marketing departments to implement new strategies and programs as directed by senior management
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 8 years sales experience including 5 or more years in medical device sales
- Proven track record in managing and developing a sales force in the medical device industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution
- Success in introducing new technologies to the market is a plus
- Knowledge of the Operating Room environment preferred