Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manager IT Infrastructure EMEIA
Primary Location: Switzerland-Vaud-Aubonne-
Position’s Objective & Summary:
Manage the IT Infrastructure department in the EMEIA region for a three billion dollar medical equipment manufacturer. Functions managed include Service-desk and local infrastructure (network, telephony, compute and storage, A/V, IT security). Reports to the Director, IT EMEIA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understanding global IT standards and implementing them in the region
- Developing and implementing local IT standards where appropriate
- Overseeing a team of four IT professionals and developing its members in order to meet the changing needs of a highly growth environment and to support the EMEIA users and groups autonomously
- Support global infrastructure projects.
- Drive regional infrastructure projects while adhering to global project management standards.
- Responsible for scheduling break/fix and preventative maintenance for the local infrastructure.
- Management of European infrastructure (on premise and colocated)
- Work closely with business users, IT and facilities to gather requirements, anticipate and manage future needs and manage expectations.
- Ensure mission critical system and services uptime is aligned with business requirements.
- Manage team to provide operational support for Cisco VC hardware including MX and SX series codecs, Cisco Telepresence.
- Commissioning audio-visual systems for conference room and working with vendors for repairs
- Developing and publishing meaningful metrics that can be used to manage and improve IT performance
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience managing an IT Infrastructure team in a multi-national corporation
- Demonstrated ability in coaching and developing a team
- Pro-active and self-starter in developing a wide range of solutions that will meet the need of an entrepreneurial, fast-moving and multi-cultural company
- Demonstrated ability to focus and deliver on critical business needs
- Ability to communicate both in technical terms and in business terms
- Fluent in English and French. Other European languages would be a strong asset
- Hands-on experience on Cisco networking support, windows desktop support, collaboration tools and user on-boarding
- Hands-on experience on handling a Cisco call center infrastructure
- Hands-on experience on coordinating local and regional vendors in networking, data center, infrastructure and audio visual
- Available to perform on-site visits to different European offices and data center (travel requirements 10%-20%)
- Occasional requirements for out-of-office hour’s maintenance activities.
- Events supports