Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Programs
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180689
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Surgical is looking for a results oriented transformation leader to lead critical programs in the Supply Chain Organization to scale the needs of the business. Responsibilities include managing a broad set of transformational programs and also managing operational support to areas within Supply Chain such as Compliance management.
• Establish comprehensive Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) program to assess, prioritize, monitor and mitigate Supply Chain risks.
• Develop, maintain and communicate supply chain dashboards and metrics to monitor operational health and enable business decision making.
• Manage the compliance monitoring and reporting processes to mandated conflict minerals and small business administration requirements
• Develop and maintain unified portal for collaboration between Intuitive and Suppliers for procurement, quality, performance and compliance programs
• Lead other projects such as building Supply Chain presence on the Company intranet and
• program management of activities leading up to annual Supplier Symposium
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM)
- Lead the implementation of a comprehensive Supply Chain Risk Management program encompassing facets such as Component level risks, Supplier level risks, risk identification and mitigation for disaster related risks etc. underway.
- Institute and mature the operating processes to assess the risks, identify risk mitigation projects and program manage the implementation of the projects with cross functional stakeholders
• Dashboards and metrics
- Lead the high level vision, design and deployment of Supply Chain analytics dashboards by partnering with the relevant business stakeholders and the IT organization
- Lead the team towards deploying executive and operating level dashboards to enable business decision making and metrics reviews.
• Supply chain compliance
- Oversee 3rd party service providers contracted by Intuitive Surgical to support Small Business Administration and Conflict Minerals programs
- Provide management level compliance status metrics for key compliance programs and recommend direction as to where actions are required to meet established annual operating goals
- Develop multi-year roadmaps for key compliance programs – i.e. understanding and anticipating where Intuitive Surgical should be positioned in future years. Includes participation in industry level consortiums and associations as needed.
- Direct support of periodic operational/compliance audits and resolution of applicable findings
• Supplier collaboration systems and tools
- Design and maintain collaboration tools that increase productivity and timely interchange of information between Intuitive Surgical and its suppliers. Areas include: forecast sharing, supply commits and Purchase Order management, capacity planning, quality, compliance, supplier asset management and supplier risk management.
- Deliver on continuous improvement efforts with existing applications or tools to increase automation and scalability
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering discipline, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of direct materials supply chain management experience (medical device preferred) with 5+ years of people management experience.
- Certifications: CPSM, CPIM, and/or PMP preferred.
- Significant business application experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile. Strong Excel, Access and database management skills.
- Ability to independently interpret business requirements and provide effective management level summaries that drive alignment and guide decision making.
- Detailed working knowledge of purchasing, material planning, demand planning, service planning, and Logistics. Working knowledge of Small Business Administration contracting requirements and Conflict Minerals regulations is a plus.
- Proven track record of designing effective analytical tools, methods and operational metrics within a fast paced, high volume manufacturing company.
- Proven ability to lead a team and collaborate with multiple functions to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
- Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively manages task breakdown, helps keep individual contributors on task, player-coach; ability to step in and perform hard tasks.
- Resourceful problem solving capability and ability to simply complex issues.
- ~20% travel to both domestic and international suppliers.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.