Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Programs
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Surgical is looking for a results oriented Supply Chain professional to lead critical programs intended to enable efficient scalability of the business and compliance to statutory requirements. Intuitive is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. The Company's da Vinci® Surgical System enables surgeons to operate minimally invasively through a few small incisions or the belly button from a nearby ergonomic console.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain and communicate supply chain operational data, dashboards and metrics to guide timely assessments of operational health and progress against Corporate and Departmental objectives
• Establish comprehensive Supply Chain Risk Management program
• Maintain compliance to mandated conflict minerals and small business administration requirements
• Improve existing Supplier Scorecard program including automation of data compilation and delivery to suppliers
• Develop and maintain unified portal for collaboration between Intuitive and Suppliers for procurement, quality, performance and compliance programs
• Administration of contracts between Intuitive and Suppliers to ensure timely renewals and compliance to regulatory requirements
• Develop and maintain presence for the Supply Chain organization on the Company intranet
• Plan and execute programs for ongoing communication with Suppliers through newsletters and an annual Supplier Symposium
• Operational management
o Create, train and support staff on standard work, in order to maintain consistency in quality and quantity of work output
o Capacity planning and balance of department workload
o Select, train, and develop skill level of subordinate personnel
o Meet commitments and schedules for department deliverables, including publication of metrics, dashboards and data analysis to support ongoing operations
o Management of overall team performance including annual appraisals
o Responsible for ensuring analytical tools, business processes and data storage maps are both documented and maintained
• Supply chain compliance
o Develop annual goals, budgets and development plans for Small Business Administration and Conflict Minerals programs
o Oversee 3rd party service providers contracted by Intuitive Surgical to support Small Business Administration and Conflict Minerals programs
o Provide routine, management level compliance status metrics for key compliance programs and recommend direction as to where actions are required to meet established annual operating goals
o Develop multi-year roadmaps for key compliance programs – i.e. understanding and anticipating where Intuitive Surgical should be positioned in future years. Includes participation in industry level consortiums and associations as needed.
o Direct support of periodic operational/compliance audits and resolution of applicable findings
• Supply chain health management
o Design and maintain supplier risk and asset management programs for broad application across Intuitive Surgical’s supply base. Includes leverage of supplier collaboration applications to administer and collect data as required.
o Deliver summarized assessments to drive commodity level strategies, project prioritization, budgeting and investments.
o Use collected data to baseline supplier risk levels or condition of current assets, characterize changes in risk or asset condition and highlight areas of focus or remediation
o Manage routine collection, consolidation and analysis of supplier capacity data; collaborate with commodity teams as to specific points of risk relative to supply capability in meeting Intuitive Surgical’s demand forecast
o Work with external firms and subject matter experts to benchmark the robustness and adequacy of Intuitive Surgical’s supplier health assessment tools.
• Supplier collaboration systems and tools
o Design and maintain collaboration tools that increase productivity and timely delivery of information between Intuitive Surgical and its suppliers. Topical areas of information include: supply (i.e. purchase order) management, forecast sharing, capacity planning, quality, compliance, supplier asset management and supplier risk management.
o Deliver on continuous improvement efforts with existing applications or tools to increase automation and scalability as well as make general improvements to existing reports and datasets that improve ease of use or data granularity.
o Document standard use of supported applications/tools/reports and provide end user training to increase leverage and standardized practices across the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering discipline, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.• 10+ years of direct materials supply chain management experience in regulated, high and low volume-manufacturing environments (medical device preferred). 5+ years of people management experience.• Certifications: CPSM, CPIM, and/or PMP preferred.• Significant business application experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile. Strong Excel, Access and database management skills.• Proven track record of designing effective analytical tools, methods and operational metrics within a fast paced, high volume manufacturing company.• Ability to independently interpret business requirements and provide effective management level summaries that drive alignment and guide decision making.• Detailed working knowledge of purchasing, material planning, demand planning, service planning, and Logistics. Working knowledge of Small Business Administration contracting requirements and Conflict Minerals regulations is a plus.• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.• Proven ability to lead a team and collaborate with multiple functions to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.• Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.• Effectively manages task breakdown, helps keep individual contributors on task, player-coach; ability to step in and perform hard tasks.• Resourceful problem solving capability and ability to simply complex issues.• Capability to develop and communicate commodity specific strategies that support business needs over a time horizon of 3+ years.• ~20% travel to both domestic and international suppliers.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.