Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Our existing da Vinci products push the frontier of human-machine interactions to deliver unparalleled values to patients and surgeons. We continue to push these frontiers with an integrated ecosystem of planned offerings.
The da Vinci brand has strong equities, organically established on the strengths of its category and product leadership. The newly established Product Brand team is tasked with accessing the untapped potential of this brand through intentional and systematic brand development.
Our company is looking for Brand Managers to assist in the deployment of this market setting brand. As “brand guardians”, Brand Managers act to maintain brand integrity and resonance across product initiatives and communications. Opportunities and need abound to assist/lead the brand definition and development of multiple product offerings. A natural collaborator, Brand Managers liaison with product marketing, design and engineering staff to coordinate the creation of marketing strategies and collaterals consistent with product goals and brand guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with company stakeholders, including product marketing, creatives, engineering and executives to define, develop and build brands for existing and new product lines.
• Define and develop emerging product brandsQualifications
• Conceptualize brand strategies
• Create custom brand deployment and management plans to build brand equities and support business goals
• Manage product collaterals to align with brand guidelines
• Conduct on going brand assessments of da Vinci and competitive brands
• Consult and mediate questions regarding application of brand guidelines
• May manage advertising agencies to manage campaigns
• Collaborator, communicator and influencer
• Strategic and structured thinker
• Biased toward action and results
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Economics, Design or related experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a brand manager
• Project management experience preferred
• Design experience (e.g. visual design) and strong aesthetic sense are positives
• Excited by working on difficult problems with a dedicated team of high-energy, high-caliber people.
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.