Intuitive Surgical Careers
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The Engineering Data Networking, Applications Group designs, builds, deploys and supports medical grade software, data infrastructure and web portals, applications and services to collect and analyze medical device machine data from thousands of systems deployed world-wide.
The ideal candidate for the position of Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will have experience in developing automated test framework and scripting, manual testing, and tools to support the testing and quality assurance needs of the product release. As well as providing assessment of quality principles for the growing application and web landscape, as it relates to the delivery of our omni-channel customer experience portals, webpages, data and applications. This position would be responsible for operating within fast-paced initiatives, in an Agile lifecycle. This position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with highly technical peers, and the capability to manage work load among changing priorities, alternating between hands on verification, validation, software development and automation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
Qualifications• Build and maintain frontend automation framework and standardization for automation development and scripting to be used by QA team• Work with software tools engineer to develop end-2-end automation fixtures for QA testing needs• Contribute to System test methodologies (to include manual as well as automated) test plans and highly effective test automation as well as creating and executing automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios• Understanding of SQL and the ability to query and perform data comparisons and diffs.• Write code to simulate tests and to build various testing tools, by working alongside other engineers and championing code quality principles; Deliverables will include code builds and documented test results• Provide feedback of technical specifications, architecture and development as it relates to• Communicate design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team• Proactively involve with product managers right from inception through functional validation to launch, while always looking for potential quality issues/bugs and offer triaging and root cause analysis capabilities to the engineers• Create and setup test scenarios and test data as needed• Work with various team to promote QA processes, practices and standardization• Understanding and adherence to company design control process and documentation practices
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science with coursework in algorithms, information systems and basic programming concepts or 8+ years working experience desired
• Experience in test automation development, using frameworks, Jenkins and tools including web UI automation tools like Selenium RC/WebDriver frameworks well as REST/JSON APIs
• Working knowledge of the various types of testing, from functional testing to performance and security testing
• Experience in bug management tools like JIRA or ALM
• Strong knowledge of Python, C#, SQL and Windows Operating systems
• Working knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Experience with Networking technologies/protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, etc.)
• Technical experience and strong command of industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
• Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision making skills.
• Understanding of Networking principles and concepts
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum models Ability to critique work of self and others constructively
• Troubleshooting mindset, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms
• Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Eligibility to legally work in the united States
• Some travel may be required