Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Production/Supply Planner
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180723
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
This position is seeking a creative and flexible individual to continue mastery of planning sustaining and new product introduction, become user expert and role model for the planning software tools being implemented in 2018, along with leading strategic Project planning activities for the Instrument and accessories.
The Sr Production/Supply Planner will be assigned critical NPI/Sustaining projects to manage, seek out and recommend process improvements, assist in developing team members skill sets in the planning, take on leadership responsibilities for strategic planning activities that enable the department capabilities to scale to the growing business needs. The candidate will work with multiple cross-functional teams, Manufacturing, Supply chain, IT and Engineering teams to achieve both tactical and strategic goals assigned by fully understanding production demand and supply needs, balancing operational goals while incorporating Lean Manufacturing principals, and identify and coordinate issue resolution and continuous improvement opportunities with other departments. This position requires strong presentation and clear communication abilities.
- Manage assigned NPI/Sustaning projects at both strategic and tactical level. Evaluate current process and recommend continuous improvement to evolve process.
- Provides mentorship through tactical training to team members to improve their skill sets in NPI/ Sustaning planning. Lead efforts to create and/or updating work instructions (WI) & Departmental Operating Procedures (DOP).
- Lead and support department or organizational projects. Gain project team consensus, track/ monitor scope, scope changes, project plan time lines against phase review objectives, variances and contingencies that surface during implementation of projects. Escalate where necessary to management.
- Engage Manufacturing teams in the continuous improvement process to ensure assigned projects are identified, prioritized and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify potential supply risks and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain processes with production plan milestones/targets. Illuminate impact to supply continuity for Finished Goods Inventory (FGI).
- Applying knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems, particularly with supply constraints.
- Perform capacity analysis in to support what-if scenarios, forecast changes, and plan for production growth.
- Maintain department metrics; analyze trends and results. Drive appropriate corrective actions where needed.
- Provide direction to various NPI programs/projects as subject matter expert, to support product transitions to sustaining manufacturing lines.
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Engineering to review proposed changes and establish Engineering Change Order (ECO) affectivity. Execute ECO implementation requirements.
- Skills/Job Requirements:
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.#LI-DP1
- Minimum 5
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in operating/evolving advance planning systems such as Adexa, JDA, 09, or Kinaxis.
- ISI experience in Planning or Project Management is a required qualification.
- Advanced MS Office skills, understanding of vlookup, Pivot tables, macro recordings, data tables, charting, data sorting segregation and formula auditing.
- Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- Advanced SAP/ERP experience, troubleshoot IT issues that surface with little to no assistance from business applications. Lead department customization transaction Tcode enhancements for business needs.
- Ability to communicate in a succinct and organized manner, appropriate for context, time and place.
- Expert knowledge of business disciplines production planning and supply chain management.
- Ability to perform with greater independence and judgment, receiving general supervision from senior management.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
- Exposure to low volume, high complexity capital equipment or high volume, low complexity products.
- Highly analytical: critical-thinker; strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail; due to the speed and rate of change occurring in this manufacturing environment, must be able to problem solve and think independently.
- Flexible: adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Motivated: enthusiastic; strives for excellence; continually seeks to improve self and company; ability and strong desire to grow with the company; leads by example.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Minimum 5