Intuitive Surgical Careers
Market Access Manager - Reimbursement (Nordics)
Primary Location: Sweden---
- Responsible for preparing/refining the pricing assessment and reimbursement strategy for either existing procedures, emerging procedures or future releases (new surgical approaches). This will include clinical, economic and strategic benchmarks.
- Works closely with the EU Clinical Affairs team in order to assess the needs and expectations in terms of clinical evidence from the Health Authorities and engage actions (clinical study project).
- Works closely with the Market Access Manager – Hospital Economist in order to give update and insights on the tools and solutions developed.
- Develops strong partnership with Health Economists Team (most likely held by 3rd party specialized consultants) to prepare the core reimbursement dossiers.
- Monitors health care system developments, reimbursement, policy and legal changes and advice the leadership team on relevant business opportunities and challenges.
- Identifies captures and implements revenue generating opportunities in close collaboration with the Commercial teams by using Intuitive Surgical’s value propositions with health care institutions in particular: payers, care providers, Government and hospital decision makers, including insurance.
- Develops nationally key strategic relationships with KOL (CEO, Board Members, Operations & Finance Directors within identified Hospitals, Health Insurances, including physicians, major scientist organizations and key correspondents of Med Tech representative agencies).
- Develops a local clinical and economic value story by working with surgeons, hospitals and the Sales Force.
Works closely with the WE Market Access Director, Managers & Hospital Economics teams, the Global HEOR team, the Regional General Manager and the Global Public Affairs team in order to first make sure the Market Access Strategy remains as much aligned to market specifics, then local plans for value proposition stay consistent.
- Lead reimbursement negotiation with the concerned institutions at a price consistent with the global policy, while looking constantly at innovative reimbursement agreements.
Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience or an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate)
6-8+ years’ and recognized experience in market or patient access, health economics, healthcare consulting, health policy.
Healthcare medical device, pharma or hospital/health system/IDN industry experience in Nordics is required.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Nordics countries health care environment including a working knowledge/awareness of public and private payers, current trends and challenges in medical device and diagnostic industries.
Solid knowledge on clinical studies and evidence based medicine.
- Solid understanding of disease and clinical pathways, inpatient and surgical treatment approaches, hospital inpatient settings, product IFU and supportive health information levels of evidence.
- Strong strategic and operational orientation and is capable of advising and directing internal and external clients at the highest levels.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
Advanced computer skills, including: Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Tableau.
Geographically located within Denmark or Sweden.
- Languages: fluent in English and Danish or Swedish.
- Travel 50% of the time