Intuitive Surgical Careers
Material Handler 2
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The Material Handler 2 is an intermediate position responsible for material-handling duties in support of Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers.
To be eligible, a Material Handler must be capable of completing the Roles and Responsibilities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will fulfill the following roles:
• Receiving: Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.• Parts Put-away: Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from IQC staging areas into SMKT storage locations. (Totes and Bulk)• Supermarket (SMKT)
o Parts Replenishment: Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.o MT: Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.o Sales Order Fulfillment: Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders and Service Transfer Orders.
• SPP Kitting: Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.• Pack Out: Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
Material Handler II will be responsible for the following:
• Responsible for complying with general Good Warehouse Practices (GWP) and Warehouse housekeeping processes.• Communicating verbally and via email the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.• Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement program, including the creation and implementation of small scale improvements.• Able to locate and count parts accurately (using cycle-count documents), execute required WMS data input and accurately complete required documentation.• Able to effectively apply knowledge of material flow and basic warehousing principles to Material Handling assignments (FIFO, consolidation, lean principles).
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Possess high school degree or GED.
• Minimum 2-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
• Ability to adhere to attendance, safety, quality, and performance guidelines.
• Ability to effectively communicate with peers and internal customers, both verbally and written.
• Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.