Intuitive Surgical Careers
Material Handler 3
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180773
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The Material Handler 3 is an advanced position requiring significant experience in warehousing operations, exceptional technical skills (equipment operation, counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of ISI’s inventory management systems and software (Agile, SAP, WMS).
The Material Handler 3 is responsible for material-handling duties in support of Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers. To be eligible, a Material Handler must be capable of completing the Roles and Responsibilities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will fulfill the following roles:
- Receiving: Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.
- Parts Put-away: Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from IQC staging areas into SMKT storage locations. (Totes and Bulk)
- Supermarket (SMKT)
- Parts Replenishment: Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.
- MT: Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.
- Sales Order Fulfillment: Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders and Service Transfer Orders.
- SPP Kitting: Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.
- Pack Out: Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
- Responsible for complying with general Good Warehouse Practices (GWP) and Warehouse housekeeping processes.
- Communicating verbally and via email the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement program, including the creation and implementation of small scale improvements.
- Proficient at performing systemic transactions in both SAP and ISI’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Able to effectively apply knowledge of material flow and basic warehousing principles to Material Handling assignments (FIFO, consolidation, lean principles).
- Be proficient in the role of deputized trainer. At the direction of the Supervisor, train new personnel or cross-train existing personnel, including all required documentation, record keeping and reporting.
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
- Possess high school degree or GED.
- Minimum 3-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
- Medical device experience preferred.
- Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to adhere to attendance, safety, quality, and performance guidelines.
- Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
- Experience training/mentoring other material handlers.
- Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
- Proficient in Agile and/or SAP.
- Experience with other computer systems (MS Office) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.