Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180775
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Design and develop processes to manufacture advanced surgical instruments used in robotic minimally invasive surgery. New Product Introduction supports the advancement of latest products from the design screen to full scale manufacturing. This position plays a critical role to building the quality into products for the next strides into robotic minimally invasive surgery.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual capable of participating in the product development teams to influence designs for manufacturability, develop manufacturing processes, and delivering world-class quality to demanding robotic surgery customers through a demonstrated talent for product transfer of advanced mechanical products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Owns development of the manufacturing process from pilot production to stable, sustained volume. This includes leading continuous improvement initiatives focused on process capability, production capacity, and cost optimization.
- Specify, design, document, and qualify production manufacturing fixtures and equipment.
- Create an efficient and balanced production line, defining standard work, creating work instruction, travelers and bills of material.
- Advocate best practice Design for Manufacturing recommendations.
- Support compliance with medical device quality system requirements
Skills & Requirements:
- BSME Required - MSME a plus
- 8+ years of experience in NPI, manufacturing, or design engineer with advanced mechanical products.
- Experience in mechanical assembly processes, production line operation, Lean, and 5S.
- Experience with injection molding, machining, MIM, stamping,
- Solid model experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- Demonstrated strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication, organization, and documentation skills,
- ISO9001 or experience in medical device manufacturing.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.