Intuitive Surgical Careers
Business Analyst - Western Europe (WE)
Primary Location: France-Bordeaux--
Requisition ID: 180822
- Provide detailed and actionable analysis to the sales organization to drive performance.
- Use internal data (e.g. volume of procedures, surgeons training activity, deals pipeline) and external data (e.g. market sizing, number of working days) to develop, articulate, and defend analytical positions.
- Partner with marketing and training groups to interpret historic results and market dynamics to forecast future trends, market potential, and available market share.
- Report on financial and sales performance, prepare analyses for regular leadership reviews (e.g. weekly sales reporting, quarterly leadership package, GM dashboard)
- Under the supervision of the UKI FSO Director, develop sales quotas for sales personnel using established guidelines to allocate targets. Track performance towards attainment.
- In cooperation with Sales Management, design sales territories using established guidelines to structure quarterly account alignments.
- Drive local segmentation and targeting.
- Monitor and report on individual performance within the sales team
- Contribute to spending and resource planning: support annual budget discussion with relevant analyses, approve expenses (PR).
Help the WE FSO director manage regional P&L (e.g. monthly close, forecast, variances analysis)
Participate to cross functional-teams to investigate and resolve operational issues
Use analytical skills to verify or dispel anecdotal insights
Prioritize requests and deliver upon stakeholder expectations
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Economics, Finance, Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated progressive experience in business development, data and financial analysis, and related project management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; some experience with data query/data management tools required (Access, SQL, Business Objects).
- Strong analytical skills. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to discern consistently strategic insights from data analysis.
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple projects concurrently. Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English, including the ability to interact with senior leadership.
- This role requires extensive travel to Switzerland and US during the initial training phase (~3 months) then approx. 10% travel.
Strong understanding of financial processes and accounting background.
Experience within the medical / pharmaceutical environment is a plus.