Intuitive Surgical Careers
Software Development Engineer – Manufacturing Systems
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 180834
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The Software Development Engineer for Manufacturing Systems will work cross-functionally on multiple projects ranging from the development and implementation of test software to improving production processes through workflow improvements involving Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution Software (MES). This role will interface closely with IT, Production Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and Product Engineering Teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical leadership for the design of production test software, process equipment, and test fixtures.• Design, document, and qualify manufacturing assembly/test fixtures (including software), for use in manufacturing surgical robot subsystems.• Perform root cause analysis and disposition issues on the production line quickly and effectively.• Provide technical support, including failure analysis, for discrepant product and manufacturing issues.• Integrate developed SW with HW in a regulated industry.• Develop, review, and approve technical documentation related to manufacturing processes under development.• Develop Industry 4.0 methods and tools from user requirements.• Investigate and develop cross-functional process improvement solutions that involve integrating the latest technologies, ERP, and MES software tools in a manufacturing setting.• Develop software to bring-up and evaluate third party software and OEM components.• Develop formal manufacturing process instructions (MPIs) and test procedures.• Provide technical support to production technicians.• Capable of making careful sound decisions when faced with the time pressures typical of a high energy new product development and manufacturing team environment.• Position may initially require up to 20% travel at times, primarily within the US.
• BS in Engineering or related field.
• BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.
• Masters degree preferred.
• Black belt or Green Belt Certification is preferred.
• Medical device or regulated industry experience is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with 3+ years in software development.
• Expert in Python (preferred), C, C++.
• Expert in SQL is preferred.
• Script development in Java and C#.
• Experienced with an industry-standard enterprise system such as SAP.
• Experience with Agile or similar lifecycle management (PLM) tool.
• Experience in integrating manufacturing SW and HW.
• Experience with OPC servers.
• Proficient with MATLAB, SQL databases, Networking and TCP/IP knowledge.
• Demonstrated strengths in debugging and troubleshooting software.
• Ability to quickly learn and integrate emerging technologies.
• Good system-level comprehension and issue identification skills.
• A passion for creating high quality, robust, and reliable products.
• Demonstrated technical leadership being able to drive projects to completion.
• Recognized as a “do-er” who is willing to work across teams to resolve issues in an inclusive way.
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with an ability to relate to different people in cross-functional teams.
• “Self-starter” attitude and proven ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
• Capable of working independently and collaborating across a multi-site organization.