Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180846
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for providing cross-functional project management leadership on behalf of the Services & Secondary Markets business unit in support of launching new product introductions and executing on key strategic initiatives.
The Project Management team serves as the primary liaison between ISI's Engineering PMO and the Field Service, Technical Support, and Service Operations teams supporting the product. With the development and introduction of new products, the Project Manager identifies service strategies, service requirements, risks, deliverables, schedules, and leads the cross-functional effort to execute the project plan. In addition to NPI support, the Project Manager provides tactical project management leadership to key operational strategic initiatives, and recalls/product upgrades.
The success of the Project Management team is mission critical to the success of the worldwide Field Service, Technical Support, and Service Operations groups. This is where your leadership, hands-on experience supporting global service organizations, fascination with robotics, and your passion for leading change within a complex, fast-paced, highly regulated environment can make a direct impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide functional, strategic, and tactical leadership to project teams responsible for new product introductions (NPI), key operational strategic objectives, and field actions/recalls on behalf of the SSM business unit; ensuring appropriate planning, communication, risk mitigation, and business unit readiness in alignment with product development and commercialization target datesQualifications
• Responsible for management of scope, timeline, resources and overall project plan to meet project objectives
• Manage the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve project objectives. Escalates threats to project plan as required to functional management and senior leadership
• Integrate with Engineering during product development to drive service requirements upstream to Engineering, directly impacting product design and the ability of service organization to efficiently install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the product
• Strong collaboration and communication with internal and external business units (marketing and engineering teams), bridging development processes, approaches, and cultures. Work with partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives.
• Ensure that domestic & global service strategies, assumptions, business opportunities are measured & periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution & initial product launch
• Oversee and coordinates functional participation within the project team and contributions towards the project plan
• Contribute to product development and new product introduction process optimization by sharing best practice development, lessons learned, resource leveling and process input
• Four year degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in a scientific field preferred, business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience
• Certification in project management (PMP) desired
• Proven record of bringing products to market acting as project leader on behalf of Field Service/Service Operations
• 5-10 years’ experience supporting complex capital equipment (medical devices and/or robotics preferred), including mechanical, electrical, and software elements containing a large number of SKUs
• Experience working in support of a Field Service and/or Technical Support organization preferred
• Demonstrated experience influencing product development on behalf of service, familiarity with Design For Serviceability/Maintenance (DFS/DFM) principles and practices
• Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
• Ability to promote ideas persuasively, influence others, and build and maintain effective professional relationships with internal partners and business leaders
• Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills
• Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately to engineering and non-technical audiences.
• Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and do, strong on detail and highly organized.
• An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Has a quick intelligence, is fast on their feet and quickly responds to issues and questions.
• Capable of maintaining a rapid pace: moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.