Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180855
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our growing Global Enterprise Analytics team and help provide thought leadership across the organization. You will be expected to solve the complex and pressing business problems for the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Insights Analyst will build and maintain strong relationships with business partners while supporting and driving high quality analytic solutions. The role will work in the Enterprise Analytics organization but across the organization including but not limited to Finance, Sales, Manufacturing, and Robotic log data. The Insights Analyst is required to be a self-starter, independent thinker and champion of data driven insights.
Qualifications• Works with key business partners to understand business priorities, identify strategic initiatives, and develop effective and timely analytic solutions• Proactively mines data warehouse to identify trends and patterns and generates insights for business units and senior leadership• Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical solutions• Ability to challenge and convince the various stakeholders involved in any project initiative or effort• Quick to insights with the capability to perform all duties, end-to-end, to support rapid prototyping and iterative analysis.• Supports analysts and UI engineers to enhance information visualization through development of dashboards and user interfaces• Works closely with product managers, architects, analysts across the organization for knowledge sharing, mentoring, and training• Drive standardization of key metrics across various business stakeholders to improve data governance maturity.• Continually recommend, develop, and implement process improvements and tools to collect and analyze data, and visualize/present insights.• Key point of contact continually driving the growth of the Analytics community at Intuitive
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, MIS or related area. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years Data Analysis experience supporting Finance, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing or Product organizations
- Proficiency in SQL with experience in Python/R a plus
- Strong data visualization, reporting, dash-boarding, and presentation skills with experience with Tableau, Looker or equivalent BI tool.
- Analytically independent with enough technical chops to piece together various datasets for rapid prototyping
- Strong sense of customer service for internal customers
- Proven track record of driving change through data-driven insights
- Experience with agile projects and rapid delivery of features and functions
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical associates and vice-versa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Medical robotics has unique characteristics that will require immersion in clinical and technical training and he or she must come up to speed quickly– an interest and desire to learn are critical