Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180864
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position leads a growing team supporting our Systems & Vision manufacturing operation in Sunnyvale. You will be responsible for a team of 40+ people comprised of supervisors, material handlers and inventory controllers. This role provides the leadership, coaching, development and infrastructure to deliver exemplary support and material availability to our manufacturing and finished goods teams. The scope of work will cover oversight of day to day operations coupled with a heavy focus on longer term strategic process, cost and capacity improvement projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Proactively drives the overall staffing strategy of the warehouse, encompassing hiring, training, development, performance management and headcount planning.Qualifications
• Proactively identifies future problems and business needs, then plans and leads implementation.
• Establishes a culture that promotes transparency, positivity and high levels of engagement to drive team and business goals.
• Ensure a high level of engagement with cross functional teams within the manufacturing, purchasing, planning, logistics, engineering and product quality teams.
• Develop processes and culture to drive procedural, training and financial compliance to SOX and medical device regulations.
• Maintain and develop programs to ensure the integrity of inventory and information in our NPI and sustaining material locations. Examples include E&O, cycle counting, internal audits etc.
• Drive a structured long term (1-5 year timeframe) capacity planning process, leading to the development and execution of infrastructure investments and hiring plans.
• Lead ongoing process improvements, inclusive of physical and transactional processes with cross functional partners.
• Drive financial performance through transactional, carrying and E&O cost improvement.
• BS degree or equivalent and minimum of six years of experience leading warehouse activities or similar in manufacturing environments. Medical device or similarly regulated environment experience preferred.
• Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging direct reports and peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Kanban systems and other Lean material flow practices preferred.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross functional, multi-quarter projects with high operational and financial impact.
• History of successful culture and process change management and implementation.
• Proven ability to lead a team to consistently achieve operational stretch goals and objectives that deliver improved financial performance.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.