Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180901
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Intuitive Surgical’s engineering group designs surgical robotics, surgical instruments, and imaging equipment. Within engineering, the Vision Group designs cameras and displays used by surgeons to see the surgical site clearly in 3D. We are looking for a hands on, self-motivated, self-directed, technically strong engineer with experience in imaging and an interest in medical & novel imaging methods. The candidate will be responsible for design, development, and testing of imaging approaches. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in creative engineering design and development. Successful candidates will have an interest in the application of engineering design to solving clinical needs.
- The ideal candidate will have an inquiring mind, 8+ years of experience in the area of imaging and the following:
- Experience in imaging systems design
- Experience in medical images (camera images rather than CR, MRI, etc)
- Experience in building things that work
- Experience figuring out why things don’t work as expected
- Ability work on problems involving optics, sensors, software, image presentation
- Interest in learning new things
- Design of optics a plus
- Matlab or C / C++ knowledge required
- Clear communication
- Self-motivated and ability to self-direct with a track record of successful project completion
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team in a rapidly moving environment
- Working knowledge (or interest in learning) SolidWorks
- EE background
- Experience with visible and near infra-red light, measurements thereof
- Experience with systems comprising multiple engineering disciplines
Minimum BSc in Systems Design, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
Candidates with degrees in multiple disciplines encouraged to apply.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.