Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Support Engineer 2
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180903
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
A Product Support Engineer (PSE) serves as the primary technical liaison between ISI's internal technical groups (Engineering/Quality/Manufacturing) and the various internal and external sub departments of the Customer Support Department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical Support
- Provide 3rd-tier technical support to regional Technical Support Engineers
- Escalate issues to internal engineering groups as appropriate
- Communicate with peers and field technical personnel to share applications knowledge gained through ongoing involvement and analysis of products.
- Continuing Support
- Develop Knowledge Database articles intended to communicate system issues and notices to the field.
- Evaluate the impact of Engineering Changes on the support of product in the field.
- Service Documentation Development
- Develop and validate all service documentation/work instructions used by Field Service for the repair and maintenance of ISI products.
- Verify all service documentation is released and maintained in accordance with the ISI Quality System.
- Verify all field service engineers are properly trained on any new procedures.
- 4-year degree in electronics or biomechanical engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a field service representative/biomedical engineer, product support engineer, or supporting a field organization with preferred experience in the medical capital equipment industry.
- Experience with Electronic Documentation systems. Prefer Agile/ACCS and SAP (inventory management or DHR).
- Experience reviewing technical documentation, evaluating against specific criteria, and managing document updates.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Windows O/S and in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess a basic understanding of GMP/ISO.
- Must possess effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong attention-to-detail, individual initiative, sense of ownership, and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working effectively with little supervision and be capable of identifying and driving individual projects.
- Must be capable or working effectively in cross-functional project teams.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.