Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Vision Supplier Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180909
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The ideal Candidate possesses a broad and deep hands-on process knowledge in optics and vision electronics to develop the next generation of da Vinci vision systems. You will select and develop our suppliers, and our supplier’s parts and manufacturing processes to produce high quality/reliability endoscopic cameras, microelectronics, fiber optics, and displays using sound engineering principals and an innovate approach, as necessary.
You will also continuously improve our supplier’s manufacturing and business processes to optimize cost, quality, delivery and service requirements using best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, and SPC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility to:
Select and develop Suppliers in order to achieve the delivery, quality, cost, and capacity requirements.
Identify critical manufacturing process acceptance test, define and control key input variables, implement process control, and solve complex problems that will prevent manufacturing and reliability defects in the vision supply chain. The vision manufacturing processes includes, among others: camera assembly and testing, fiber/optics assembly and testing, adhesives, wire bonding, die attach, brazing, lens alignment, coatings, contamination controls, laser welding, machining, plastic and silicon molding, and potting.
• Drive corrective actions for supplier process by driving suppliers to true root cause analysis and corrective and Preventive actions.
• Deliver the following key deliverables: pFMEA, Special Process Validations, FAI, Cpk Studies, Capacity Studies, DFM/DFA, and should cost analysis.
• Work closely with design, manufacturing and project teams to support launch of new products.
• Ensure compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements by leading and mentoring auditors for QMS audits
The ideal Candidate possesses broad and deep hands-on process knowledge to select and develop suppliers, parts, and manufacturing processes to produce high quality/reliability products using sound engineering principals using an innovate approach, as necessary. Direct experience in Endoscopic cameras, fiber optic cables, microelectronics, and displays
• BS degree in Engineering or equivalent, Masters degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years related experience in Process/Manufacturing Development/Engineering, Supplier Development Engineering or related field
• Excellent Project Management, complex problem solving skills, and written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel to suppliers on an as needed basis – domestic and international
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.