Intuitive Surgical Careers
Marketing Manager, Hospital Marketing & Analytics
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180912
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Lead and manage marketing analytics to support the evaluation and promotion of measurable value for da Vinci® surgery amongst surgeons, hospitals and health systems. We are seeking a Marketing Manager, experienced in hospital analytics and value messaging to the sales force and external stakeholders such as surgeons, hospitals and health systems. Reporting to the Group Manager, Hospital Marketing & Analytics, this position will partner with all sales functions, upstream and downstream marketing, health economics and customer analytics teams to synthesize evidence and insights from data to drive the adoption of da Vinci surgery. Individual must be self-driven “go-getter”, analytical, insight driven, and have an understanding of health economics and reimbursement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with sales and marketing management teams to identify and prioritize key customer organizations (surgeon KOLs and strategic customers – hospitals, regional and national IDNs) to create and promote best-in-class success references rooted in analytics
• Engage 1:1 with surgeon KOLs and C-level hospital executives and manage each analytics project directly with customers
• Perform analysis of customer-provided and internal data to create and articulate the clinical, economic and strategic value of da Vinci Surgery and specific advanced technologies
• Develop sales tools and case studies to enable sales and marketing teams to effectively communicate the value of da Vinci Surgery and products to our current and potential customers, including surgeons and hospital administrators
• Develop and maintain an internal library of clinical and products evidence rooted in data supporting marketing and product claims
• Continuously assess and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the analytical process that generates clinical and product evidence
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and provide insights to inform commercial strategic planning and go-to market plans
• Actively participate in strategic planning, development and implementation of future analytics solutions that leverage customer and product information
• Perform analysis and provide ongoing reports on the outcomes and business impact of key hospital channel marketing programs
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have the following:
• 5+ years’ experience in business analytics, preferably within the healthcare industry
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• High quantitative reasoning/application skills and ability to critically think through complexity as it arises
• Analytic thinker who approaches problems logically without getting lost in the detail, or suffering from “analysis paralysis”
• Strong ability to effectively position and message products/procedures and develop effective sales support to drive product/procedure adoption. Demonstrated success in delivering marketing/analytics insight to drive product/procedure growth.
• Familiarity with surgical systems, instruments and advanced technologies preferred
• Familiarity with health economic / hospital finance fundamentals preferred
• Experience working with surgeons, C-suite administrators and decision support functions within hospitals and health systems is also desired
• Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills
• Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment
• Self-starter attitude who takes ownership of projects
• Excellent problem solving abilities and time management skills
• Proficiency with data visualization tools (Tableau preferred), dashboard and report creation
• Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint; working knowledge of SQL is a plus
• Healthcare industry experience required
• Up to 25% travel required
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.