Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Program Manager, Facility Planning and Projects
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180927
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
As Program Manager, you will be responsible for strategizing, developing, and leading people and projects that will enable efficiencies in the use of space. You will engage with cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop programs, policies, and processes. You will be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will
• Be the leader and accountable for the workplace planning and design, and facility projects.
• Support the development of workplace strategies for internal business functions that support collaboration, productivity, and align with cultural objectives. This includes change management, business case development, and tracking design trends that impact space requirements.
• Take business requirements and translate to occupancy planning and space utilization plans. Develop, manage, implement space solutions to maximize safety, efficiency, and foster innovation.
• Manage multiple facility design and construction projects – program management, facilitation, work prioritization, planning and task delegation. Identify and drive process improvements and program enhancements for existing programs.
• Represent all of facility operations within project teams and the organization at large. Use previous experience to influence and negotiate to drive and ensure resolution of all technical and process issues.
• Report out on program updates on a weekly, monthly basis to all levels of the organization. Drive the reviews and highlight key risks and opportunities.
If you are a hands-on leader, this is a great opportunity to bring your experience to Intuitive Surgical’s workplace, shaping our future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
PLANNING & CAPITAL/EXPENSE PROJECTS:
• Plan, budget, schedule facility modifications. Leverage historical performance data and forecasting inputs towards driving sustained accuracy improvements on capital and expense expenditure.
• Partner with strategic sourcing and procurement to execute RFP’s – selection of service providers and vendors, including architects, engineers, FF&E, and other specific consultants. Evaluate bids to provide best scenario for Intuitive.
• Manage engaged service providers including project communication, information flow, document coordination/distribution
• Manage project controls, including budget, schedule, performance requirements
• Design management – provide input and review of conceptual, schematic, and design development plans, and construction documents. Input required for architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, civil engineering.
• Construction administration for all projects, including project budget, schedule. Monitor construction progress and manage construction documentation approval process, including payment application review relative to the budget. Perform close-out activities.
• Oversee development of occupancy analysis reporting to effectively communicate occupancy/vacancy ratios, headcount projections, and workplace conditions. Develop occupancy scenario plans and analyze workplace data, and engage with the customer to develop innovate solutions.
• Customer interface at all levels for gathering and validating headcount growth projections, lab equipment deployment, and all programmatic space requirements. Translate into test fit layouts and socialize for approval.
• Negotiates space among user groups to maximize use of real estate while enhancing adjacencies to improve collaboration and workflow.
• Manages space planning on Centerstone to ensure integrity of data.
• Manage relocations including the development and execution of project planning activities, timing of group moves/relocations, migration and phasing plans, stack and block plans, test-fits and final relocations.
• Support strategic workplace research efforts lead by the real estate and facility team. This includes assessing workplace needs, measuring work environment efficiency, effectiveness, and experience, and proposing changes to strategies.
• Understand critical business / work processes and help develop workplace models that influence and support real estate strategy.
• Assist in the development of change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage of new work environments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or business from an accredited institution.• Minimum 10 years of direct, progressive professional experience in the management of the space utilization and occupancy planning of commercial buildings (general administration, R&D, manufacturing).• 7+ years managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines.• Knowledge of application of local, state, federal regulations: building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, OSHA, LEED, Cal-Green, ADA.• Strong skills: MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, CAFM, Centerstone.• Proficient in reading construction documents – all disciplines – architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, life safety, civil and site.• Strong analytical skills.• Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.• Highly developed interpersonal skills, with strong ability to lead internal and external resources, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from individual contributor to executive leadership.• Highly effective communication skills – writing and speaking skills through written proposals, meeting facilitation, oral presentations.• Ability to work well in a fast paced, team environment, taking a leadership role and dealing with ambiguity effectively.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.