Intuitive Surgical Careers
Sr ManagerFP&A and Sales Ops (FSO) - India
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-India
Requisition ID: 180944
Position’s Objective & Summary:
The FP&A and Sales Ops Manager, India works closely with senior leadership, and performs detailed analyses for the Indian commercial organization (Sales Operations). He/she acts as the trusted advisor and business partner of India General Manager. He/she supports the General Manager for finance activities related to reporting, forecasting and planning of the regional P&L (FP&A). He/she prepares analyses that help provide strategic guidance to senior executives, increase sales results and enhance sales structures. He/she queries the company’s CRM and data management systems to develop and publish meaningful business insights that help guide strategic decisions. He/she looks after all sales compensation topics, in particular the design of the compensation plans and the monthly commissions’ payment.
This is a highly analytical role involving the manipulation of large data sets to gain business insights and provide timely input for major strategic decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a business consultant for executive sales & marketing leadership, especially the India General Manager.
- Use internal data (e.g. volume of procedures, surgeons training activity) and external data (e.g. market sizing, number of working days) to develop, articulate, and defend analytical positions.
- Provide detailed and actionable analysis to the sales organization to drive performance
- Partner with marketing and training groups to interpret historic results and market dynamics to forecast future trends, market potential, and available market share
- Develop board-level presentation materials for executive sales leadership
- In conjunction with GM and Sales Director, develop sales quotas for sales personnel using established guidelines to allocate targets. Track performance towards attainment
- In cooperation with Sales Management, design sales territories using established guidelines to structure quarterly account alignments
- With initial support from the Sales Operations Analyst, WW Indirect (Aubonne, CH), adapt existing sales reports to the India market
- Reporting: prepare quarterly leadership package, maintain GM dashboard, maintain existing Tableau reports and develop new ones, based on key performance metrics that drive efficient sales results.
- Support the General Manager for the development of the annual strategic plan
- Provide quarterly reporting on regional P&L, prepare monthly revenue forecast, facilitate spending prioritization exercise and resource planning, support annual budget discussion.
- Work with senior management to structure incentive compensation plans for all field sales positions, aligned with local business priorities and local market specificities (e.g. industry standards, base / variable pay mix.
- Serve as main point of contact for sales organization’s questions relating to compensation.
- Work with senior management to administer special and non-standard compensation programs (e.g. SPIFF) or quarterly MBO objectives.
- Partner with Commission teams in Atlanta (US) to ensure proper incentive payments
- Review monthly calculations, identify anomalies and determine the root cause of any issue
- Act as a super user for CRM system (Sales Force.com) and ensure master data consistency and accuracy
- Prioritize requests and deliver upon stakeholder expectations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred, ideally in business, economics, science, engineering, or IT).
- 15+ years of relevant work experience including some supporting multiple business partners, including General Manager and sales leaders
- Strong business application skills including:
- Database querying: (e.g. Access, SQL, Tableau).
- Advanced Excel: (e.g. Complex model building, pivot tables, & VBA)
- Knowledge of CRM system and Sales Support Systems (Salesforce.com).
- Familiarity with an integrated ERP, preferably SAP, and ideally Essbase (Hyperion)
- Strong analytical skills. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to consistently discern strategic insights from data analysis.
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple projects concurrently. Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and the ability to present, articulate, and defend analyses, diplomatically, on a routine basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to interact with executive leadership
- Strong sense of accountability and empathy; ability to coach and advise sales personnel through complex and / or emotional compensation issues
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility
- This role requires approx. 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience in a mid-sized international fast growing company and/or within the medical or pharmaceutical environment is a plus.