Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Vision Engineering)
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180964
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing skills to a dynamic development team creating vision systems for minimally invasive robotic surgery. This position will focus on meeting manufacturing operations and product safety, reliability, and performance goals for the several vision systems. Individuals in this role must demonstrate excellent knowledge of lean manufacturing, process development and be able to work with suppliers to develop state of the art manufacturing lines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
• Take responsibility for manufacturing development and process improvements for complex vision system.
• Maintain and improve efficient “mid-volume’ manufacturing processes including:
o Specify, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, hand tools and equipment.
o Oversee test and calibration systems, trouble shoot line issues.
o Workplace and flow process development.
o Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test checkpoints into process.
o Qualify new processes and new suppliers to deliver new and innovative products
• Develop and maintain compliance with the quality system.
• Evaluate and select suppliers for mechanical and electrical subsystems. Help resolve supplier quality issues.
• Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input to ensure consistency/commonality among hardware and standard part selections across product/sub-assembly lines.
- BS in engineering required, MS preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development or manufacturing
- Experience with manufacturing of opto-mechanical, electronic assemblies and optical systems.
- Experience with manufacturing of endoscopes preferred.
- New product introduction/development experience desirable.
- Proven track record of team work and willingness to take initiatives in solving product and manufacturing problems.
- Basic knowledge of clean room techniques (Class 1000). Clean manufacturing and tooling.
- Experienced in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 in a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Experience with process validation protocols and required documentation for controlled manufacturing such as in medical devices
- Experience with creating Manufacturing Process Instructions, documentation skill must be excellent. Procedure writing and presentation skills a must. CAD experience preferred (Solidworks).
- Experience with opto-mechanical manufacturing test systems. Basic software knowledge is a plus.