Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Software Systems Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180967
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Software Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for the product release and operation of software (SW) from the advanced imaging team. This includes leading regulatory submissions, commercialization, operational and sustaining support of released products. This engineer will interface with customers to communicate feedback to a multidisciplinary team: developers, build and release, test, documentation specialists, clinical etc. Their focus is the operation and release of next generation imaging SW products for medical robotic platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with business units to provide operational support of imaging products including collecting and communicating user and operational feedback to update and improve software products
• Work with SW development team to release software products
• Main responsibilities include:
o Main point of contact for sustaining the operation and production of imaging SW products.
o Create, track, resolve and close user and operational issues in a formal issue tracking system
o Releases of SW versions throughout the SW development life cycle
o Create and update documentation throughout the SW development life cycle
o Work closely with developers to execute feature integration and test from development, staging to production
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with minimum of 5 years of industry experience or Master’s degree with minimum of 3 years of industry experience.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of industry practices for SW development life cycle is required
• Experience with formal SW releases is required
• Experience as a software developer in C++ and python is required
• Experience with operation and product engineering of SW in C++ and python is required
• Experience with repository management solutions such as Git and Subversion is required.
• Work experience in a medical device company is a plus.
• Experience with operation and product engineering of iOS and mobile device platforms is a plus
• Experience with management of software product and sustaining engineering team is a plus
• Attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Self-motivated, a flexible team player with the ability to define goals and work independently as well as interface with a multidisciplinary team
• Proven experience with development and sustaining of software products that have been successfully launched with market traction is preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.