Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Software Engineer-Product
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180967
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Software Engineer - Product is primarily responsible for the product engineering and sustaining of imaging software (SW) products/prototypes. This includes coordinating SW releases with QA, supporting regulatory submissions, commercialization, operational and sustaining support of released products. This engineer will interface with the project engineering team (including developers, build and release, test, documentation specialists, clinical etc.) to support the release of new SW features throughout the SW development life cycle. Their focus is the operation and release of next generation imaging SW products that meets company quality standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with SW development team to create, integrate, document and release SW versions
• Work with business units to provide operational support of imaging products including collecting and communicating user and operational feedback to update and improve software products
• Main responsibilities include:
o Releases of SW versions throughout the SW development life cycle
o Create and update documentation throughout the SW development life cycle
o Work closely with developers to execute feature integration and test from development, staging to production
o Create, track, resolve and close user and operational issues in a formal issue tracking system o Main point of contact for sustaining the operation and production of imaging SW products.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with minimum of 5 years of industry experience or Master’s degree with minimum of 3 years of industry experience.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of industry practices for SW development life cycle is required
• Experience with formal SW releases is required
• Experience as a software developer in C++ and python is required
• Experience with operation and product engineering of SW in C++ and python is required
• Experience with repository management solutions such as Git and Subversion is required.
• Experience with operation and product engineering of iOS and web applications is a plus
• Work experience in a medical device company is a plus.
• Experience with management of software product and sustaining engineering team is a plus
• Attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Self-motivated, a flexible team player to support all aspects of SW product life cycle with the ability to define goals and work independently in the face of ambiguity and complexity.
• Proven experience with development and sustaining of medical imaging products that have been successfully launched to market is preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.