Intuitive Surgical Careers
Supervisor Production I - Swing Shift
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180969
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Achieve given team performance goals for Production. The goals will include efficiency, FPY, hours accuracy, scrap, time lost accuracy, DHR accuracy, and first pass cycle count.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to conduct root cause analysis with minimal guidance.Qualifications
2. Participate in lean initiatives and implements changes with guidance.
3. Basic Knowledge of PDCA and other advanced lean tools. Implementation of visual displays, 5s, TPM, Kanban, CI, and COMMWIP with minimal guidance.
4. Learn and become proficient in SAP (PL’s, VR’s, Routes, ECO implementations), Agile (know how to generate ECO’s and Deviations). Review/approve ECOs to determine impact on manufacturing, familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems, ability to run existing data reporting tools.
5. Basic Knowledge of Quality system, understand expectations of the production cell for internal/external audits. Ensure compliance within your area of responsibility.
6. Participates in cross functional projects, executes on assigned tasks. Coordination of tasks, delegation and prioritization with some oversight. Planning of individual contributor work tasks, basic understanding of project management tools and can create a plan for a major task implementation with direction.
7. Data mine, trend, analyze, and present appropriate manufacturing metrics and escalate when appropriate. Report Quality metrics.
8. Working ability to create and communicate effective goals with some mentorship. Understands and communicates low level goals to the team, working ability to communicate how those goals are driven by the corporate level goals. Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses, and with mentorship can leverage those for better team performance. Recognizes outstanding performance.
9. Ability to identify conflict and suggest appropriate escalation with some mentorship. Learning to retroactively identify early indicators.
10. Ability to identify leaders within the team; may need mentorship to create a development plan. Can set effective goals for individuals on the team.
11. Minimal oversight required for problems or assignments of reasonable difficulty. Makes decision in an efficient manner. (e.g. Gets consensus, works through challenges. Understands the why and priority behind projects and tasks to facilitate decision making.)
12. Considers risk mitigation in planning based on lessons learned or from peers. Reviews previous similar projects and activities as part of the decision making process.
13. Advises peers and leads project teams, see opportunity for improvement and execute changes by allocating tasks and work activities. Prepares and provides well thought contributions to meetings. Can present information effectively to a cross-functional, management level audience.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree Manufacturing Operations (or related fields), or two-four years of either supervisory or engineering experience.
• Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, specifically in the area of high volume instrument manufacturing.
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, DFT, and 6 Sigma.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
• Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong desire for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.