Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Marketing Manager, Global Hospital Channel Marketing
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180981
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical is looking for a global commercial leader experienced in hospital and integrated delivery network (IDN) channel strategy, value messaging, and customer analytics to evangelize the sales organization and external customers to drive commercial success. In a customer-facing capacity, this leader will partner with key account sales, clinical marketing, marketing programs and market access teams to strategically align and execute commercial plans that promote and drive the strategic, clinical and economic value of da Vinci Surgery.
This leader will bring deep knowledge of the healthcare value chain to:
- Identify unmet commercial needs that can be addressed with strategic marketing initiatives;
- Develop and lead implementation of programs to communicate the clinical and economic value of da Vinci surgery; and
- Ensure that large health systems, IDNs, and emerging customer segments realize the full value of their da Vinci programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead analyses to quantify the clinical and economic impact of daVinci surgery, program optimization strategies, and market expansion opportunities within hospitals and health systems.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with administrators, surgeons and key opinion leaders in the US and global markets to implement leading robotic programs and drive strategic growth of da Vinci systems, while protecting the procedure base and accelerating adoption in emerging procedures.
- Partner with Sales Training colleagues to develop new programs to standardize and enhance the ability of the sales force to execute business alignment meetings and drive commercial growth.
- Design, develop and execute market development resources and training in key global and domestic markets.
- Play a critical role in developing short- and long-term strategies within existing stakeholder landscape, while executing on critical foundational activities to support future opportunities for emerging market segments / customer groups with strategic value and influence.
- Analyze, track, and communicate to relevant internal stakeholders major changes in the hospital and health system (e.g., reimbursement incentives, outpatient and inpatient trends); provide strategic insight for Intuitive Surgical in regards to these changes.
- Partner with Enterprise Analytics organization and third-party data vendors to develop value-based tools and services in support of strategic roadmap for procedural growth.
- Interface closely with Healthcare Economics, Market Access and Clinical Affairs teams to build value messages rooted in clinical and economic evidence
- Collaborate with the market research function to carry out customer research and provide appropriate insight to internal and external stakeholders.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Global marketing and/or market development expertise, with knowledge of one or more countries outside of the US.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data and succinctly communicate key insights to both expert and layperson audiences.
- Physician and hospital marketing experience in a therapeutic medical device / medical technology company; surgical and/or operating room experience preferred.
- Experience with economic value initiatives in the US and at least one other country.
- Fluency with fundamentals of US reimbursement, health economics principles, and hospital finance, and/or experience with at least one country outside the US.
- Proven ability to effectively position and message products/procedures and develop strong sales support to drive adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver timely, high-impact marketing programs that align with business objectives.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents; global work experience desired.
- Disciplined, self-aware, self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to lead in unstructured environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity; able to effectively guide others in fast-paced environment.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or business discipline. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Must be well-versed in MS Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel 30-40% (US and Global)
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.