Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180986
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Lead the vision and ramp up of manufacturing production to scale with the needs of the business. Achieve given team performance goals for Camera/ Endoscope Production Lines. The goals will include various metrics including, but not limited to Efficiency, Yield, Defects/Unit, Workmanship Quality Scrap, and Direct Labor Costs. This position will be responsible for personnel management and development such that the Operations are run by a ‘Manage By Walking Around’ philosophy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Allocate resources appropriately to achieve departmental objectivesQualifications
• Work effectively with other departments to ensure that the production area has all necessary inputs in place in order to achieve the desired production outputs
• Report to senior management on the status of the production process
• Perform capacity analysis in order to support production growth and productivity goal setting
• Develop leadership personnel within the department in order to enable future departmental and company growth
• Establish and enforce Lean Manufacturing practices within the department
• Establish aggressive quarterly departmental goals and develop programs to achieve them
• Drive improvements in safety, production, quality, cost, and delivery
• Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for staff
• Maintain compliance within the department to all applicable regulatory requirements
• Maintain compliance within the department to company safety policies
• Develop and manage departmental budget
• Collaborate cross functionally with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and other support teams to achieve goals
• Lead manufacturing team for manufacturing activities on New Product Development programs including participation in DFx, Line set up and Process optimization
• Analyze metrics produced from Data Analytics teams to set goals and drive actions with manufacturing and support teams.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Production Operations Management or related fields and 10 years of applicable work experience, including at least 3 years of previous supervisory or management experience. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing, DFT, and quality techniques.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
• Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
• The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment. Will motivate and lead the team with a strong sense of urgency.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.