Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager IT Infrastructure
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181004
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of this Position:
This Senior Manager IT Infrastructure has primary ownership of various technical infrastructure systems including servers, storage, network, and infrastructure security. The candidate will collaborate with various teams across the organization consisting of technical and business subject matter experts and deliver infrastructure services to meet the current and future state of the organization. The candidate will hire, grow, and manage a team of people from technical disciplines. The candidate will work closely with the program and project management team to execute implementation of technical projects.
This position reports to Senior Director, IT. The primary responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that investments and initiatives in infrastructure services align with organizational strategy and priorities
- Develop and manage project and program budget and cost, resource allocation, and reallocations
- By working closely with senior management, PMO organization, and financial analysts.
- Prioritize programs and projects based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
- Work with IT leaders to develop resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for the day-to-day functions of the department and the organization
- Manage and develop skills and capabilities of infrastructure staff across the organization
- Engage with cross-functional business leaders to objectively analyze the organization’s ability to absorb change and adopt project and programs post-deployment
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of infrastructure component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Provides “ownership” of problem thru final resolution.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards to support the goals of the organization.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure infrastructure products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
- Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Competent in project management, governance formulation, and team management
- Working knowledge of risk management, standards, and policies formulation
- Expert in financial management and organizational change management
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge
- Experience in leading projects and programs within and outside IT, as well as those that involved external providers
- More than 10 years of IT Infrastructure and IT Security, project, program, or portfolio management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- PMP/PMI certification preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.