Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manufacturing Engineer (Packaging Processes)
Primary Location: Mexico-Baja California-Mexico-Mexicali
Requisition ID: 181009
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Main Objective of the Position:
Develop, validate and maintain the packaging process of instruments and / or accessories of the IS Mexicali plant, according to the criteria established in internal procedures (DOP's, SOP's, WI's) and to the quality standards applicable to the medical industry, to guarantee the integrity of the finished product.
• Use Personal Protective Equipment
• Participate in emergency brigades and Safety and Hygiene commission, when required
• Use Devices, accessories, tools and equipment according to the process; verifying that they are in good conditions of use and reporting those that are in poor condition for repair
• Communicate unsafe acts or conditions to their superiors
• Participate in the Safety and Hygiene courses that the company establishes
• Review the daily status of the packaging processes of the entire plant.
• Provide support to production lines due to problems related to packaging processes when required
• Analyze the quality notifications (NCR's, PL's) related to the packaging process to determine the provisions for their resolution and closure in the SAP system
• Participate in the implementation of line transfers or introduction of new products (NPI's) related to packaging processes
• Promote modifications to work instructions of packaging processes through engineering changes (ECO's)
• Identify parameters and critical packaging process windows (time, pressure, temperature, etc.) through design of experiments (DOE - Design of Experiments)
• Create, execute and document packaging process qualification activities (OQ, PQ or PPQ).
• Develop the process flow for integration into the production line (Travelers / WIs / BOMs)
• Define and develop the process of initial daily start of the packaging process
• Design flow for work in progress WIP (Work In Progress) of packaging establishing the handling of material between stations.
• Interact with suppliers for matters related to packaging (Supply, SCR's, PPQPs, etc.)
• Develop continuous improvement projects in the packaging manufacturing process to improve efficiency and reduce costs
• Make corrections in Agile of the list of packaging materials that affect the cost of production (BOM - Bill Of Material)
• Perform advisory activities for less experienced engineers in relation to packaging processes
• Take the assigned training in your ISU (Intuitive Surgical University) curriculum
• Conduct the evaluation for annual CIP (Compensation Incentive Plan) and give feedback to your staff
• Prepare performance self-assessment for the MERIT process
• Follow up on packaging manufacturing engineering priorities, defining and following priorities.
• Monitor performance (DPU) and capacity according to production forecasts
Schooling: Professional Career Industrial Engineer or Mechanic
Other Studies: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Certification
Languages: Advanced English
Systems Management: Advanced Office Package
Advanced SAP System
Experience in the position or area:
Manufacturing Engineer 5 years
Process Engineer 3 years
Have participated in projects or validations of Packing 3 years
Have worked in the medical industry for 3 years
Knowledge / Skills: Knowledge of packaging processes 3 years
Knowledge of packaging manufacturing equipment (FFS, tray sealers, etc.) 3 years
Project Management 2 years
Reading and interpretation of engineering drawings 1 year
Geometrical Dimension & Tolerances (GD & T) 1 year