Intuitive Surgical Careers
Industrial Engineer 3
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181024
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Industrial Engineer, Industrial Engineer 3, will participate in efforts to improve the efficiency of transactional and physical processes throughout the organization. In this position, the IE 3 will take a leadership role in driving localized and departmental change, executing cross-functional projects of moderate to large scope in Manufacturing and/or Warehouse Operations. The IE 3 will mentor junior staff, will be a technical SME and should have a strong track record of continuous improvement results, project management and good soft skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Cross-functionally lead and ensure successful execution of Industrial Engineering projects for Operations. These projects may encompass process improvements, value analysis, design reviews, new product development and introduction, new line or facility start-up, and facility design.
• Be the key driver of evaluating operations and identifying improvement opportunities, utilizing data analysis and metrics to build a business case, and then delivering on execution. Monitor operational metrics including labor hours, WIP levels, and productivity, analyze data for trends, and collaborate with process owners to improve.
• Review and analyze work cell layout, process flow, material flow, etc. Assess best practices. Recommend cost-effective solutions for improving the utilization and efficiency of personnel, equipment and/or physical space. Lead projects that will result in improved costs and/or enhanced quality.
• Perform duties, train and develop best practices in the areas of predetermined time standards, line balancing, simulation modeling, cost estimation, manpower planning, productivity, Kanban and continuous improvement.
• Coordinate programs based on long-range activity forecasts including analysis, justification and recommendations for facilities, equipment and/or manpower requirements for product ramp.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Industrial Engineering or related discipline, and 5 years minimum applicable work experience.
• Strong verbal communication and group presentation skills required.
• Proficient data analysis and software skills required (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, R, etc). Advanced data analysis skillset (e.g. Tableau, VBA, Excel, R) preferred.
• Simulation modeling experience (e.g. Simul8, Arena, etc) preferred.
• Facility design and construction management experienced preferred.
• NPI/NPD experience preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of project management skills and ability to lead change management initiatives.
• Proven ability to manage many projects concurrently and in a timely fashion.
• Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques required.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification with project experience preferred.
• Experience working in medical device manufacturing and knowledge of industry regulations preferred.
• Track record of owning and driving changes of medium to large scope in a regulated environment and working with Quality Systems essential.
• Minimal travel required (estimate <5%).
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.