Intuitive Surgical Careers
Final Quality Inspection Technician
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181042
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Final Quality Inspection technician works under general direction follows written instruction Quality Assurance Procedures to perform product conformity assessment.
This position requires a highly-motivated team player to support quality screening for surgical robotic systems, instruments and accessories by simulating customer use, identify potential quality issues and working cross functionally with manufacturing and quality engineering teams to correct and verify issues prior to product release.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Follows all applicable work instructions and perform simulated surgical procedures utilizing a surgical robotic system and accessories.• Clear understanding of product non- conformances, quality notification (NCR’s, EE’s, VR’s) records origination and escalation process.• Expertise in systems advanced troubleshooting, diagnostic skills and systems error log analysis.• Assisting Quality and Manufacturing Engineering in product quality investigation and root cause analysis.• Working knowledge of using iliad:5005 (Systems Error Log Data Base)• Follows all corporate, safety, production procedures and regulations• Working knowledge of SAP and Agile applications (ECO, Deviations)• Maintains an excellent attendance record in compliance with established manufacturing and quality attendance guidelines.• Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to complete training and certification at one of the following areas: Systems&Vision Final Quality Inspection.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent; minimum two years of experience at Intuitive Surgical.• Additionally knowledge of SAP transactions, QN origination and MatLab tool as well as a technician in good standing related to Manufacturing Attendance Guidelines and Quality performance is preferred.• In addition, ISI courses should be completed in System Level Theory of Operations, System Configuration, Diagnostic Tools, and clinical operation of the system.
• Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.• Ability to write correspondence.• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.• Ability to compute averages, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs and line graphs.• Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.• Ability to deal with situations including up to several variables.• Ability to report actual or potential quality issues.• Ability to suggest and implement process improvements.
• Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and SAP.• Ability to use E-mail and the ACCS (Agile) system to retrieve and submit on-line documentation.
• Ability to work varying shifts.• Must have ability to complete training courses.• Ability to work in a team environment.• Ability to use clocks, timers, calipers, voltmeters, power supplies, rulers, and other test equipment as required.• Meticulous attention to detail and orderly habits are required to accurately and completely document testing.• Flexibility, willingness to learn new tasks, ability to take-on a variety of responsibilities big and small, and the need to fill-in for others when needed are highly preferred attributes for this position.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.