Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181043
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The successful candidate will design, implement, debug and verify embedded software for a novel surgical robot system and related accessories. The engineer should be comfortable developing software in C/C++ on a variety of embedded platforms, both with and without operating systems.
The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy team environment, be able to drive to solutions from rough requirements, and have a commitment to high product quality. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun and interesting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working on a cross-functional team at multiple levels, from architectural definition to driver-level implementation.
- Collaborate with user interaction designers and clinical engineers to define and implement the user interfaces of the robotic system
- Develop embedded software primarily in C/C++ and occasionally in assembly language
- Develop user interfaces primarily in Qt and QML
- Perform formal risk analysis and develop and verify software mitigation
- Document software requirements, specifications and verification protocols according to Intuitive’s development guidelines
- At least 7 years experience with commercial embedded software development
- Hands-on engineering experience with proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience in and comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, validation, and transfer to Manufacturing
- Experience with Object Oriented development in C++
- Experience with Qt is strongly desired
- Experience with embedded Linux development is desired
- Experience with QNX operating system is desired
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience with designing software products in an FDA or other regulated industry is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products with a demonstrated history of products reaching the marketplace
- Bachelors in Software, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering; Masters preferred
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.