Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Commercial Operations Specialty Manager – Japan
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181049
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Commercial Operations Specialty Manager for Japan plays a critical role in driving identification and adoption of specialty procedures for the da Vinci Surgical System in early stages of growth with the primary focus on the safe adoption of Cardiac procedures throughout Japan. As directed by the VP of Sales, lead the training and onboarding of a specialty sales organization dedicated to cardiothoracic procedure adoption. Partnering with the Japan leadership team, sales leadership, field sales, sales enablement, and surgeon training, the Specialty Manager will coach and direct the team to identify and develop Key Opinion Leaders to pioneer and expand the use of the da Vinci System. They will also partner with local sales representatives to coach, counsel, and train on selling to surgeons in their assigned accounts. Once Cardiac is well underway, we will look to scale this same process for other Specialty procedures in alignment with the Japan Leadership team and Commercial Operations Leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has the responsibility and authority to:
Expand da Vinci Specialty Procedures Utilization
• Develop Key Opinion Leader (KOL) for Cardiac, and in the future, other emerging procedures determined by the Japan Leadership team• Establish regional case observation sites & Epicenters.• Through collaboration with sales leadership, conduct strategic market development activities e.g. MSA RIPs and “blitz” activities• Implement Consolidation Pathway Methodology• For KOLs, train, coach and develop the sales team to execute sales activities in developing the surgeon’s proficiency as a da Vinci surgeon. These activities include:
o Select appropriate case observation siteo Conduct on-site and wet lab trainingo Bring value in first series of caseso Bring intra-operative & post-operative clinical value in initial surgeon case serieso Develop and lead advanced regional training programs
• Serve as the market intelligence liaison for marketing and training teams
• Work with Marketing to develop and conduct hospital and surgeon executive presentations• Work closely with the Management team to develop the future training pipeline by properly vetting all daVinci surgeon candidates for training feasibility within targeted geography.• Align with management team to ensure execution on Technology Training Pathway for each da Vinci Surgeon candidate.Elevate Area Specialty Sales Competency• Provide feedback to enhance representatives’ ability to sell to specific specialties• Identify area needs, coordinate and run competency programs with support from the Japan Leadership team, Marketing and Sales leadership
Manage Key Initiatives:
• Leverage Sales and marketing resources to help scale launch of new procedures and/or products• Align with Sales leadership, marketing and training to manage/support resources related to:
o Utilizationo Training effectivenesso Procedural volume outcomeso Surgeon basic and advanced training needs
• Analyze and affect targeted specialty procedure trends; exploit anomalies and manage appropriately
• Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and work in an environment of change
• Proven ability to influence peers
• Effective communication skills across a broad organization with a variety of focuses
• Excellent clinical selling skills and ability to quickly build credibility with a highly educated customer base
• Track record of individual sales excellence
• Management experience or management career track required
• Da Vinci Cardiac experience required
• Da Vinci Thoracic and colorectal sales background preferred
• Experience in launching/growing da Vinci Cardiac programs
• 5+ years of medical device sales required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 60+% travel required including international travel to Japan
• Position located in the Sunnyvale area
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.