Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181067
Intuitive Surgical: What MattersJoining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
• The Buyer / Planner will work with Manufacturing, Supply chain and Engineering teams to fully understand production demand and supply needs, balancing operational goals
• Develop daily / weekly / monthly build plans that meet demand, whilst balancing line output
• Analyze part / product backlogs and Kanban fill rates (where assigned) on a daily basis
• Coordinate demand / supply issue resolution, and process enhancement with other departments
• This role works as a key member of the Purchasing and Planning group. In this role, the Buyer / Planner will interface with immediate colleagues, and Supplier Engineering groups on :
o Strategic Sourcing Activities, including preparing of RFQ’so Cost Analysiso Tactical purchase order placemento General Material Planning / material readiness reporting
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Implement Short-Term Problem Containment and Long-Term Corrective Action for Shortages and other process related issues, impacting material availability. This can include preparation of detailed recovery plans.
• Prepare RFQ’s to Suppliers and prepare final bid analysis, cost, tooling, NRE etc.
• Identify and track purchasing related issues. Facilitate fast decision-making, by still maintaining and executing a strategic vision. Drive issues to closure.
• Identify potential supply risks and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain processes with production plan milestones/targets (shortage reporting)
• Resolve competing requirements for common material and conflicting demand priorities within overall part / product management demand
• Sustain and institutionalize standard work for planning and inventory control programs and procedures
• Provide ongoing transparency of finished goods inventory levels
• Support and lead department projects related to material readiness
o Gain project team consensus, tracks/monitors scope changes, variances and contingencies that surface during implementation of projects.
• Maintain accurate MRP (SAP) planning parameters for responsible product lines
• Collaborate with Purchasing and Engineering to review proposed changes and establish ECO affectivity
o Execute ECO implementation requirements.
• Act as a liaison to integrate new product(s) into existing manufacturing processesQualifications
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a progressive manufacturing environment, 3 year degree preferred,
experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry. Have the ability to operate in a regulated industry with working knowledge of ISO and regulatory restrictions. APICS certification is a plus.
• Intermediate MS Office skills, understanding of vlookup, Pivot tables, macro recordings, data tables, charting, data sorting segregation and formula auditing.
• Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely.
• Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management
• Intermediate SAP/ERP, troubleshoot IT issues that surface with little to no assistance from business applications.
• Ability to communicate in a succinct and organized manner, appropriate for context, time and place.
• In depth knowledge of business disciplines related to production planning, scheduling and supply chain management
• Exposure to low volume, high complexity capital equipment or high volume, low complexity products.
• Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision.
• Flexible: adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Possible Travel ; ~10%
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.