Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager State Taxes
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181113
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Sales/use tax compliance and controversy;
State income tax compliance, controversy and provision support;
Property tax compliance oversight;
Various other state tax matters related to Escheat, Annual reports, business license;
Identification and advising on tax issues related to ongoing business activities
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist with tax analysis, execution, compliance and reporting on domestic planning strategies and structure support initiativesQualifications
• Identify tax issues and make recommendations for solutions to management
• Perform research and analysis, and apply tax laws to support technical positions related to the Company’s business transactions
• Support state tax accounting activities including state income tax provision and reserves and accruals for property tax and business licenses
• Manage outside provider in the preparation of property tax returns, business license and annual reports, including
• Manage outside provider in the preparation of business licenses and annual reports
• Assist in developing and complying with internal controls and identify process improvement opportunities
• Managing assigned audits, income/franchise, sales/use, property, business license
• Assist with special projects as requested
• BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field required, CPA or MST preferred
• 10 plus years of tax experience in a public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and complete projects on a timely basis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with willingness to collaborate
• Strong tax research skills and Excel proficiency
• Detail oriented and highly analytical. Capable of drilling down into the details and performing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses.
• Independent and self-motivated
• Experience with SAP is a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.