Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Analyst IT Engineering Systems
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181126
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for:
• Gather, analyze and report on the objectives that come forth from the BCM meetings.Qualifications
• Drive POC’s evaluations of alternate applications and demos for engineering applications as identified in BCM as current initiatives by working closely with potential application Vendors and ISI Engineers.
• Helps to determine operational objectives by working with the team to study business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Responsible for Functional Gap analysis of various Engineering applications.
• Work with the ITE Solution Architect to make sure all BCM initiatives are in line with future solutions for engineering.
• Help improve engineering systems by studying current practices and suggest modifications.
• Analyze current business processes, needs, and request and recommend solutions using system standards and best practices.
• Document any identified required changes, and communicate them to the relevant parties.
• Providing RCA on challenges, issues and advise on possible solutions.
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Work with the IT security team to ensure Engineering Applications meets the Security protocol.
• As ITE project technical lead to meet with the users and gather their requirements as it pertains to a project.
• Work as Analyst in Projects / initiatives on the project deliverables
• Work with PM to monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Backfill for admin support and to monitor tickets when needed.
• 8+ years of experience supporting engineering applications e.g. JIRA, Confluence, SolidWorks, Intralink, EPDM, CAD applications, etc., including upgrades and license management.
• Knowledge and general understanding of the business processes and functionalities in engineering
• Ability to create functional specification documents for development requests.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter that can operate independently
• Ability to lead small size engineering application projects / initiatives from requirements to go-live
• Understanding of development languages is a plus (C, C#, Java, Python, JAVA script, SQL, ABAP)
• Understanding of MS Windows, and Linux Operating Systems is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline is desired
• 1-2 years management experience preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.