Intuitive Surgical Careers
IT Strategic Sourcing Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181152
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The IT Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead IT sourcing projects to help Intuitive Surgical Inc. (ISI) procure the best services and products at the most competitive cost. The Strategic Sourcing Manager is accountable for developing, managing and executing the sourcing strategy for IT procurement categories (such as Hardware, Software, Cloud based solutions, Storage, Telecom and IT related Professional Services) in North America. This individual will work closely with the IT department and other business units to manage sourcing strategies that drive significant value and impact for ISI operations.
This person will be responsible for leading IT strategic sourcing projects from start-to-finish, including process steps such as vendor research, category/market research, market index analysis, data analysis, baseline development, RFP development, bid management, negotiations, offer analysis and scenario development. This role will also be involved in post-bid management, which includes activities such as spend analysis and vendor management. He / she will manage multiple projects at a time, as well as support ad-hoc IT sourcing inquiries.
Collaboration with IT, finance & business stakeholders are necessary to succeed in this role. Strong project management and communications will also be key in this role as this person will be interacting with many ISI employees, departments and suppliers to facilitate cross-functional IT Sourcing activities and support other company-wide initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Drive IT Strategic Sourcing and RFP Process Execution
• Collaborate with IT portfolio owners to drive establishment and execution of Renewals and Maintenance Program strategy• Conduct detailed market and IT vendor research to communicate these findings through meaningful research summaries• Develop and manage IT sourcing project timelines and lead meetings• Develop IT RFPs and create complex bidding spreadsheets• Manage IT RFP or sourcing process with minimal support, start-to-finish, for simple-to-medium complexity projects (to include market research, IT RFP development, and management of communications, manage stakeholder involvement, etc.)• Evaluate vendor bid responses (quantitatively and qualitatively)• Facilitate the development of award scenarios and recommendations for stakeholder evaluation, consideration and decision-making
Contract Negotiation, Development and Management
• Review contracts and spend to assess potential IT sourcing opportunities• Meet with IT Contract Owners / IT Contracts Coordinator / Legal to follow-up on concerns relating to IT RFPs / sourcing projects• Provide guidance on contract term negotiations through collaborative approach with IT stakeholders.• Partner with legal /contracts team to negotiate best in class contract terms
Ad-Hoc Analysis and Project Support
• Assist the Sr. Sourcing Manager in updating IT project roadmaps and savings tracking documents• Able to develop and deliver presentations for internal stakeholder communications / updates, also review other team members’ deliverables.
• Bachelor's Degree Required (business, supply chain, or related discipline preferred)
• 7+ years experience with 3-5 years in a procurement role. Multiple IT sourcing category experience preferred.
• Superior analytical ability to quickly gather facts, perform root cause analysis and draw conclusions
• Strong conceptual thinking skills with adeptness to lead others through ambiguous and/or complex issues.
• Extensive experience managing change across multiple stakeholder groups
• Superior negotiation skills to influence senior leadership on strategic direction, business case value proposition and sourcing recommendations.
• Strong contract/vendor negotiation preparation and execution skills to achieve desired outcomes from supplier negotiations.
• Ability to build consensus and act as an independent arbiter to achieve sourcing outcomes that meet business requirements without sacrificing service or increasing risk/cost
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently and knowledge of business requirement and project management principles and methodology
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with team members and stakeholders including senior management
• Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
• Ability to build effective working relationships within ISI.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.