Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Robotic Algorithms and Control Engineer (Systems Analyst)
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181155
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
You will be responsible for the teleoperated motion fidelity of a new surgical instrument. Ensuring motion fidelity will involve:
• working closely with the clinical development team to understand requirements for instrument performance;
• using analysis and experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the behavior and limitations of the instrument mechanism;
• working closely with the mechanical design team to optimize the mechanism for motion fidelity;
• modifying and tuning the algorithms to optimize motion fidelity.
You will also be responsible for software implementation of new features of the instrument, such as extending a cutter, or forming staples.
You will be responsible for risk analysis, and implementation of safety algorithms. You will be responsible for documentation of risks, requirements, and test protocols in order to support requests for approval by regulatory agencies such as the FDA.
You will be responsible for working with the manufacturing team to develop automated fixtures for calibrating, testing, and aiding assembly of the instrument. You will be responsible for setting manufacturing test specifications that will ensure instrument performance.
You are expected to have a breadth of technical knowledge that enables a top-level view of the entire project. Using this perspective, you will act as an interface between the various technical specialties. You are expected to take ownership of issues that cross disciplinary boundaries, and use your broad skillset to ensure the success of the project.
• PhD with 5 years experience (preferred) or MS with 8 years experience in robotics-related field• Demonstrate intuitive understanding of mechanical phenomena with ability to do rigorous analysis.• C/C++ and Matlab programming skills, as well as hardware, software, and mechanism integration skills. Knowledge of Python would be a plus.• Knowledge of classical and modern servo control systems.• Knowledge of serial-arm robot kinematics.• Knowledge of statistics is a plus.• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical design principles and CAD tools is a plus.• Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.• Have the ability to work independently, and the determination to get through challenging problems.