Intuitive Surgical Careers
Systems Analyst - Robotics
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181169
Intuitive Surgical: What MattersJoining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
A Systems Analyst is responsible for the detailed design and implementation of robotic control algorithms and safety systems for new surgical robots and surgical instruments. This responsibility includes integration and evaluation of fully functional prototypes including formal product testing. This position provides analytic assistance to other engineering groups to help in the design of mechanisms, software architecture, and key component selection (processors, sensors, motors, etc.). Systems Analysts also maintain awareness and interest in developing research and technologies related to robotics and safety critical systems and actively apply this knowledge to the system design. Responsibilities for development continue until the products are shipping to customers with the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Be an expert in control and safety algorithms.Qualifications
• Provide critical analysis of robot servo control.
• Contribute to the design of new robot manipulators through analysis and characterization of prototypes.
• Facilitate mechanical, hardware, and software integration of new prototypes and new products including complete systems, manipulators, and vision.
• Document and communicate intellectual property.
• Perform safety analysis and testing of physical hardware.
• Support and track system performance as it moves from design to manufacturing.
• Give analytical assistance for other engineering issues.
• Improve group work-flow through tool building and teaching others.
• Provide mentoring to other Systems Analysts.
• Doctorate in EE, ME, or similar with 5 – 8 years of industrial experience or Masters with equivalent experience.
• Understand and have experience implementing standard and modern servo control systems.
• Be creative and able to generate a diversity of solutions to a problem.
• Be detail oriented and able to develop and push a single solution to completion.
• Personally developed algorithms and functional control software in a released product.
• Possess strong embedded C programming capabilities as well as hardware, software, and mechanism integration skills.
• Excel in a high-energy team.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Work independently while simultaneously balancing collaboration on project planning and communication.
• Show passion for product quality and continuous improvements.
• Possess a determination to get through challenging problems.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.