Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 181171
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
This position provides technical assistance to internal/external clients of audiovisual, IT/Networking, Unified Communications and Telepresence equipment and systems. This position provides operational support to customers within the corporation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support for the following types of systems:
• Audio (Program and Speech, DSP based systems)• Projection and Display Devices• Control Systems• Audio and Video Teleconferencing• Digital Signage Systems• Video Wall Display Systems• RF Systems• Remote Monitoring• Unified Communications• Internal IT & AV Technologies and Infrastructure• PC’s – MAC & Windows OS
• Work with manufacturers and vendors to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, etc).• Maintain tickets by assigned status; updates/follow-up required within specified SLA urgency.• Manage calendar assignments and coordinate with Field Service Techs daily.• Work with Parts/Ticket coordinators to ensure timely coordination of part installs.• Assemble reports/paperwork as required for recording customer interactions.• Provide a high level of customer support.• Develop an on-going customer relationship, resulting in future loyalty.• Troubleshoot system issues to determine resolutions and appropriate usage.• Provide operational/VTC support for meetings as required.
• 4 year diploma from a Technical School or equivalent work experience. CTS certification from ICIA or other manufacturer based certifications a plus (AMX, Barco, Biamp, Cisco, Crestron, ClearOne, Extron, Cisco, Polycom, etc.)• 5 years’ experience with audio-visual, corporate video, and/or IT related systems.• 3 years’ experience in managing AV technicians and projects with audio-visual, corporate video, and/or IT related systems.• Knowledge of computers and computer applications.• A/V Equipment Knowledge.• Unified Communications and Telepresence Systems Knowledge.• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Office 2010 and 2013) and OS (Mac, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1).• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.• Occasionally require to lift 30 plus lb.• Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with arms and hands.• Must be efficient at multi-tasking and able to work in stressful situations.• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Office environment 100% of time.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.