Intuitive Surgical Careers
Packaging Process Engineer (I&A)
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181182
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing, design, and project management skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments and accessories for minimally invasive robotic surgery. This position will focus on meeting manufacturing operations and product safety, reliability, and performance goals for sterile barrier packaging processes. Individuals in this role must demonstrate strong process engineering capabilities, and be able to deliver consistent improvements for production processes. Individuals in this role will provide daily support for manufacturing operations and process engineering support for new product introduction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and improve efficient “mid to high volume’ manufacturing assembly lines including:
o Specify, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, hand tools and equipment.o Workplace and flow process development.o Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test checkpoints into process.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, and cost reduction.• Take responsibility for developing and maintaining compliance with the quality system.• Evaluate and select suppliers for packaging materials. Help resolve supplier quality and delivery issues.• Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input to ensure consistency/commonality among packaging configurations across product/sub-assembly lines.
• Engineering or Packaging degree required, BSME/MSME preferred (similar engineering fields will be considered.)
• 3 years packaging process or manufacturing engineering experience with Mid/high volume medical devices preferred.
• New product introduction/development desirable. Robotics knowledge a plus.
• Experience with medium/high volume automated packaging processes (form/fill/seal, tray sealers, impulse bar sealers, continuous band sealers) a plus.
• Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in team environment.
• Experienced in ISO9001/13485, or medical device manufacturing environment.
• CAD experience preferred (SolidWorks).
• Able to travel periodically (Mexico facility, suppliers) and occasional weekend shift support.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.