Intuitive Surgical Careers
Software Test Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181197
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Software Test Engineer is primarily responsible for testing iOS and Web applications using manual and automated tests to ensure that products are safe and effective, and meet design and user requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop automation scripts using Appium or similar tools for iOS application.
• Knowledge of building and debugging application using Xcode.
• Responsible for software testing, including iOS, Web, security and networking.
o Write and release software unit test verification protocolso Conduct informal testing and log issues in defect tracking systemo Conduct testing per released test protocolso Write and release software unit test reportso Write and release final test reports
• Develop and implement test scripts in Windows and Linux environments for testing web, iOS and REST API.Qualifications
• Work with build and release engineer to test new software releases using Jenkins.
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Electronics with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.• Proficiency in Appium and Selenium Web driver.• Basic knowledge of TestNG, Maven, Junit and GitHub.• Experience with compiling and recording crash reports for the iOS application• Proficient with various types of software testing including: unit testing, smoke testing, integration testing, interface testing, system testing and regression testing.• Proficiency in Java coding and development of automated tests in the Linux or Windows environment.• Proficiency in creating automated test scripts for REST API and web applications.• Proficiency in setting up and maintaining frameworks for web and iOS applications.• Knowledge of defect tracking system JIRA.• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.• Self-motivated, with the ability to define goals and work independently.• Desired: experience with development and testing of medical device products.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.