Intuitive Surgical Careers
Sr Marketing Manager – General Surgery – Europe
Primary Location: Switzerland-Vaud
Requisition ID: 181209
Position’s Objective & Summary:
- Understand your market – Open/MIS rate, National outcomes, surgeon/patient/hospital segments, reimbursement levels, incumbent surgical techniques and KOLs etc.
- Maintain alignment on target procedures/products – Help define what is being driven and why within commercial org and keep all teams focused on this “commercial strategy”
- Build Value Props Stories, Tools, Events and Engage 3Ps (Physician, Patient, Provider) with them - targeted in the right sequence
- Develop Speaker/Teacher/Case Obs/Executive KOLs – with strong technique, outcomes and use of advanced technology
- Quantify the impact (QTI) – clinical, economic, strategic evidence - of key dV surgeons/hospitals as references
- Align with relevant Surgical and Executive societies on dV surgery to ensure support and partnership
- Develop and execute European marketing strategy for general surgery, including detailed activities to be implemented in a defined timeline and budget
- Develop “integrated” clinical & capital marketing and sales strategy and tools to achieve short and long-term goals for procedures /sales quotas, products and system sales (executive and clinical vision presentations, webinars, KOL videos and content, market development events, executive sessions, white papers, key publication summaries etc…)
- Partner with key surgeon champions (KOLs) to develop and implement leading robotic clinical education programs and symposia to drive competency and utilization of da VinciÒ Surgery
- Develop and execute strategies/activities with European and some International surgical societies.
- Work closely with clinical affairs to develop and implement publication strategies that will support procedure adoption goals
- Work closely with National and Global Market Access Manager team to assist in development and execution of cost effectiveness/ value strategies in key markets
- Work closely as needed with product development teams to define marketing and product requirements for new products needed to further enable key general surgery procedures and drive adoption
- Develop and implement Intuitive’s presence at key European conferences, including robotics symposia, post graduate (PG) courses, live surgical broadcasts, tradeshow booth promotion and presence.
- Partner with Training department to identify and support the development of sales reps—to include creating content for European and Worldwide company meetings— and surgeon training programs to meet our procedure adoption goals.
- Develop and approve proctors based on surgical, clinical and teaching expertise to implement safe and effective reproducible surgical techniques with improve clinical outcomes
- Validate Clinical and Economical data with reference case observation center, key surgeon champions (KOLs) and proctors
- 10+ years of Clinical/Product marketing experience in a therapeutic medical device company
- Surgical and/or Operating Theatre (Room) experience desired
- Bachelor's degree in life science or business discipline. MBA preferred
- Language (spoken and written): fluent in English, French and/or German
- Proven ability to effectively position and procedure/product messages and develop strong sales support to drive desired adoption
- Demonstrated success in building clinical education and marketing programs to drive product/procedure growth
- Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal work across multiple constituents.
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in unstructured environment.
- A keen ability to manage projects, keeping to budget, organizing, prioritizing and coping with multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office product suite
- Ability to travel 60%. International travel required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Sales experience desired
- Management experience a plus