Intuitive Surgical Careers
Marketing Events Specialist
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 181226
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Managing all tradeshow and event logistics for designated clinical marketing verticals including show services, marketing materials and collateral, attendee registration, etc.• Provide guidance to vertical marketing teams on best practices for event management and strategy• Assist in the management of scheduling and logistics of shipping the da Vinci Surgical System, instrumentation, and accessories to various meetings and events• Plan auxiliary meetings during tradeshows (e.g. strategy meetings, focus groups, post graduate courses, Symposia, customer dinner programs)• Responsible for budget oversite and expense tracking for all tradeshows and events• Assist in planning other company meetings, including our annual world wide sales meetings, users conference, and executive forums• Venue sourcing and housing block management• Travel and provide on site support for designated events• Support of VIP and Executive Enrichment programs• Manage content for internal department website
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in marketing/communications or administration
• 3-5 years of Tradeshow or Event experience
• Healthcare industry experience a plus, not a requirement
• Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and One Note
• Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
• Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with and manage cross functional teams to reach common project goals
• Vendor negotiation experience
• Travel required 40% a year. Work flexible hours, including weekends
• Ability to perform some manual labor and lift up to 40 lbs.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.