Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 181227
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Develop, lead, and implement regional marketing plan, key programs, and support to drive procedure adoption of da Vinci® Surgery amongst target customers.
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for regional downstream product marketing and communications of our novel robotic architectures, instruments and accessories, training technologies as well as, the corresponding suite of internal resources that make up Intuitive’s integrated Ecosystem.
The Sr. Manager will be responsible to review US regional research and recommend market area campaigns where our technology platforms can make a difference in US clinical and hospital executive marketing channels.
Included in the responsibilities are working with corporate product upstream marketing and engineering on the branding and messaging of system platforms and their related ecosystems, prioritizing US campaigns and launch strategies of our product pipeline based on US customer requirements, and regioinalizing product roadmaps that deliver winning products within each of our regional clinical and hospital executive marketing channels.
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager will serve as the downstream point for US Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Training and Customer Service Teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals can be met and a consistent brand messaging is achieved.
The job also includes ensuring that all US product and marketing strategies are in alignment with Intuitive corporate narratives and branding.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Execute regional downstream roadmaps for systems, products, and training technologies to include customizing the messaging and campaign strategies that meet the needs of the US customer base.
• Manages the regional l product launch process in alignment with the US commercial organization and Global Product Marketing. Will be responsible for ensuring a consistent product positioning, value messaging, clinical integration and standardization of our pricing matrix, remains in alignment with global standards.
• Serves as point of contact for the corporate brand teams to maintain the global style guide standard for all regional marketing collateral and sales training materials for systems, products and their ecosystem suite of resources.
• Collects US customer feedback through, US tradeshow support, customer interviews, focus groups, and KOL case observations to share with the internal systems, product and R&D teams. Refines messaging based on feedback from customers US commercial team members.
• Develop in-region business justification for new products, 3rd party partnerships or Ecosystem resources in the US and aligns with Corporate Marketing around prioritization
• Assists with the downstream delivery of ongoing product training to US sales, training and customer support teams.
• New, in-region market summaries documenting metrics and arguing for resources.
• Maintains a consistent in-region product strategy by ensuring a Global product roadmap standard is followed.
• Conducts customer preference surveys with early-stage products, and presents recommendations and feedback to Global product development teams.
• Ensures the delivery of US quarterly product forecasts.
• Develop the in-region core positioning and messaging for the product.
• Collaborates with marketing communications to develop customized narratives, branding, sales tools and collateral.
• Conduct product training for departments in the US including Sales, Product Training and Customer Support.
• Acts as external champion of the product in the US, identifying and communicating all product issues that need resolution.
• Proactively communicate with Global Product Marketing on the product status and product quality issues.
• Track competitive products and emerging technology.
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum 12 years of experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager required with a history of defining and launching excellent products.
• At least 5 years of experience in medical device industry required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with examples of clear, market driven, market requirements.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting to Senior Management or external executive groups.
• Strong knowledge of MIS technology is highly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of integrated OR equipment and technology is highly preferred.
• Experience with surgical procedures including laparoscopy and endoscopy is highly preferred.
• Basic understanding of networking and OR connectivity is highly preferred
• Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to insure product success and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
• Ability to set and meet goals based on department and corporate objectives.
• Ability to travel 40% of the time.
• Ability to push heavy equipment and lift up to 50 lbs for working in clinical labs or setting up conference exhibits.
Education and Training Requirements:
• BS/BA degree is required. Advanced degree a plus.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.