Intuitive Surgical Careers
Marketing Automation Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181241
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Brief Position Summary:
We are seeking a passionate, hand-on Marketing Automation and eMail leader to implement, manage and grow our global Marketing Automation initiative in support of sales, marketing and commercial objectives. The incumbent will lead the selection of, implementation of and management our Marketing Automation instance, including marketing campaigns, lead scoring, lead nurturing, real-time web personalization and integration between web forms and Salesforce.com. You should be a marketing automation professional able to expertly grasp digital behavior trends and marketing and sales analytics, and well-versed in digital marketing, global lead capture and nurturing best practices.
• Implement Marketing Automation: Lead final business case development and selection of automation platform, and collaborate with sales effectiveness and IT to implement. Identify and develop pilots to drive development of most effective strategies for the organization. Develop business processes and governance model for managing marketing automation platform, including role definition, user rights and administration.
• Grow capabilities and value globally: Act as a marketing automation advocate – lead brainstorming sessions to help marketers better understand possible uses of marketing automation, and champion new techniques for using automation impacting: campaign design, points within the customer journey, content development, engagement strategies and conversion techniques. Collaborate with marketing, sales, training and service to apply marketing strategy and technique, including test & learn and optimization approaches, to oversight and execution of automated marketing programs.
• Close the reporting gap: Partner with marketing operations, data and sales effectiveness teams to deliver lead scoring and true closed loop reporting capabilities. Partner with digital channel teams to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation strategies in an effort to optimize effectiveness of each channel in support of marketing objectives and program results.
The right candidate for this position will have demonstrated marketing automation and CRM expertise, excellent writing skills, proven ability to develop and lead programs to drive engagement and results.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop best in class inbound/outbound marketing automation platform, methodology and infrastructure that intersects with Intuitive’s various toolsets to build and manage top to bottom of funnel engagement metrics, scoring, and nurturing.• Pilot programs with various teams, and leverage data to grow programs globally.• Analyze the weekly and monthly program performance and make recommendations for improvements and optimization of content, mix, frequency, etc. in order to meet customer needs and business objectives• Understand and manage customer segmentation and list management for the global marketing teams• Collaborate with marketing and sales effectiveness teams to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation• Maintain a marketing dashboard of key performance indicators that is automatically updated to reflect pipeline impact of current marketing activity• Measure the demand funnel for each stage and establish benchmarks and goals for ongoing performance improvement and share with key stakeholders and executives• Update marketing campaign workflows as changes to business requirements dictate• Monitor, analyze, and report on performance and communicates results and insights to key stakeholders• Standardize, cleanse, and upload data into the marketing automation platform and CRM as needed• Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies• Manage email program and specialist• Coordinate with colleagues and vendors to drive refinement or creation of required systems, workflows and business practice disciplines
• 5+ years of digital marketing and marketing automation and Salesforce.com CRM experience• Currently Marketo, Eloqua or Salesforce certified• Account Based Marketing experience preferred• Hands-on experience with Salesforce.com reports and experience successfully collaborating with Sales• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data, identify trends, analyze program effectiveness and ROI• Strong data evaluation skills, with the ability to extract and interpret data from various sources to offer creative marketing solutions and business decisions• Strong understanding of workflow processes and systems within a marketing/sales cycle• Strong knowledge of data standardization and normalization• Strong knowledge of database structure and queries• Must possess a passion for learning industry-leading marketing technologies, tactics and best practices• Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically, identify opportunities, and identify and resolve problems• Strong problem solving, business analysis and quantitative skills; extreme attention to detail• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Data Mining• Detail-oriented, organized, and excellent verbal and written communication skills• Ability to foster strong, professional relationships across all levels• BS/BA degree required
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.