Intuitive Surgical Careers
Regional Director, Market Access (Southeast Region)
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 181264
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The purpose of the Regional Director, Market Access is to develop and execute applied health economic “value creation & demonstration” strategies and tactical go-to-market patient access plans for targeted region(s) for the Intuitive Surgical (ISI) U.S. Sales Organization. The role will be a key constituent on a broad based team (i.e., IDN Team, Sales Management, Clinical Affairs, Marketing & Health Economics & Outcomes Research Group) to provide a multi-disciplinary consultative selling approach to influential stakeholders and economic decision makers and develop a strategic working networks across the regional (physician, provider, payor & policymaker) stakeholder targets. This position will work with organizations to demonstrate the applied economic value of ISI by disseminating clinical/economic materials, predictive and utility modeling, strategic industry economic insights to address regional patient access challenges and clinical/economic barriers to adoption. The position will be an influential health economic and patient access advisor and full business partner to various ISI internal cross-functional leaders including but not limited to: sales, marketing, health economics & outcomes research, corporate accounts, clinical affairs, regulatory and legal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively via partnering with ISI U.S. sales organization and marketing, IDN/corporate accounts, and clinical affairs to strengthen the consultative perspective of this broad-based multidisciplinary team on the impact of health economic market changes and economic solutions ISI products bring to various stakeholder settings including, but not limited to: hospitals, IDNs, Health Systems, ACOs, managed care organizations, public and private insurers, physicians, professional societal groups, policymakers, advocacy and formalized HTA groups.• Create in collaboration with the ISI Health Economic & Outcomes Research Team (HE&OR) evidence on ISI products and then lead U.S. efforts to disseminate PE evidence and economic insights modeling on the “total economic and clinical value” of ISI to targeted P5 customer economic decision makers.• Perform evidence (clinical & economic) based “Quantify the Impact” analytical analyses of partnered healthcare organizations, in concert with the ISI HEOR team, on the impact (cost consequence modeling, utilization analyses, cost effectiveness valuing, time value and motion, throughput and budget impact) of ISI products have on external stakeholders during health technology reviews and subsequent contracting processes.• Develop and lead reimbursement strategies that proactively integrate and align with U.S. marketing and sales strategies.• Engineer regional health economic market assessments to appropriately identify stakeholder barriers, trends, customer unmet needs, strategic insight, strategic imperatives, stakeholder prioritization and targeting, and potential implications of U.S. national and regional changing market dynamics.• Assist in prioritizing and sequencing appropriate targets to minimize patient access and maximize utility; in return enabling greater speed and effectiveness of commercialization activities• Foster and grow key c-suite relationships and potential partnerships via providing strategic economic and analytical insights.• Provide regular voice-of-customer (VOC) feedback on clinical and economic challenges being faced by regional stakeholders and generate ideas on how our products can serve as a solution to these issues.• Identify areas of synergy across the U.S. Market Access teams that develop and share best practices in planning, execution and integration with U.S. and International Sales efforts.
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years’ experience or an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) with 10+ years’ experience in: market access, health economics, marketing, sales, medical affairs or market development.
• Extensive broad based experiences and knowledge on: U.S. provider/physician/policy and payor challenges and trends, health systems, hospital inpatient settings, clinical literature and pathways, health economic strategies, market development, corporate team and clinical selling tactics, and successful delivery of clinical study evidence for product adoption.
• Considerable experience and comfort in presenting and defending evidence with key c-suite clinical and economic decision makers in meetings.
• Experiences in clinical selling, selling tactics and field marketing are highly desired.
• Provide perspective and operate analytical models, dossiers and libraries to perform real-time analyses and illustrate opportunities and impact.
• Assist in developing commercially accepted economic material “leave” behind
• Perform regional broad-based economic assessment and highlight meaningful regional influences and trends with little direction.
• Manage regional health economic “thought leaders” and key subject matter expert relationships through interactions with societies, hospitals, surgeons & payers to increase economic evidence
• Solid understanding of disease and clinical pathways, inpatient and surgical treatment approaches, hospital inpatient settings, product IFU and supportive health information levels of evidence.
• Healthcare pharma, medical device or hospital/health system industry experience is required.
• Proven track record of being recognized as a top performer within teams.
• Experience working across diverse marketplaces and in an evolving healthcare environment.
• Experience in health economics, clinical selling, marketing, health policy, reimbursement, payer strategies or health care consulting are highly desired.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.