Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181270
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Provides support to the Manufacturing Department in the form of job training for Assembly Technicians and engineers as required. Ensures the effectiveness of training through hands-on training, mentoring, and formal certification. Assist in maintaining MPI accuracy. Perform dexterity test for candidate screenings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Deliver OJT training courses in the areas of manufacturing skills and processes, quality system/GMP practices and requirements, information technology tools, and other subjects as required.
• Work with Manufacturing Training Manager/Supervisor to identify and prioritize training needs.
• Assess employee skills and provide feedback to management.
• Track and maintain training data for accuracy.
• Provide technical support to Manufacturing personnel and the production line as needed.
• Perform weekly audits of production lines based on Manufacturing Standards and Guidelines.
• Conduct training of manufacturing personnel and perform certifications per certification criteria and requirements.
• Provide Instructor Led Training (ILT) in support Customer Support Group courses as needed.
• Properly complete manufacturing training documentation. Initiate reports; escalate quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed.
• Update red-lined MPIs using PowerPoint/Excel/Word as required.
• Cross-train or mentor other Trainers in areas of expertise (as needed).
Qualificationso Through learning the build process provide input and support to establish criteria for training and certification of new production stations.o Provide support to create new Training Trackers for the recording of delivered training.o Assist in the development of new training curriculum.o Evaluate assembly processes for ergonomic concerns and be able to escalate issues of potential risk(s).o Evaluate manufacturing area and processes for safety concerns and be able to escalate such issues.
• Perform at a high level for a minimum of twelve (12) months with consistency, proficiency and in good standing (e.g. QPN quality issues, Attendance, Sick time, etc.) In addition you must demonstrate leadership, Independence, and meet high standards on the CCEE.
• Preferably twelve (12) months of manufacturing training or Lead experience and an Associate degree.
• Ability to effectively train ISI personnel to a minimum of five (5) different stations of the Systems production lines or 70% of the current IMA workstations and instrument products.
• Ability to train employees to soldering and crimping (soldering may be waived if the Trainer is assigned to an area where no soldering is required).
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to present training course material to individuals and a group and to effectively facilitate their learning process.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• A firm understanding of Demand Flow Technology/Lean Manufacturing concepts and disciplines.
• A firm understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Intuitive Surgical quality system requirements.
• Must demonstrate leadership and ability to interact with all roles in manufacturing.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.