Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 181272
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Achieve given team performance goals for Warehouse operations. The goals will include inventory management, receiving and materials movement related metrics. This position is responsible for oversight of personnel, administration of the warehouse operations and inventory management functions related to receiving, warehouse, WIP and pack out activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Hire, train, develop, and motivate warehouse personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production schedules, operations dept goals, and productivity requirements
• Maintain documented procedures to define Receiving, Material Movement and Storage, Kitting, and Shipping roles and responsibilities
• Maintain data in compliance with SOX and regulatory controls including records for timeliness and accuracy of Inventory, Receiving and Shipping.
• Analyze and correct issues related to FG, NPI, and SMKT storage quantities and shipped material.
• Optimize operational efficiencies through application of Lean practices which include (but not limited to):
o Capacity management and analysis of workloadso Identification and elimination of waste in all Warehouse operationso Development of carrier and supplier community activities that support internal flow improvementso Provide vision and direction to work group and drive training to Lean Material flow practices.
• Ensure that optimal inventory levels of commodities are maintained to meet production requirements. Drive Planning and Purchasing to reduce overstock situations.Qualifications
• Ensure that company procedures, including SOX and FDA requirements, are understood and adhered to.
• Responsible for managing employee training record completion and status
• Evaluate and provide annual performance feedback to direct reports along with interim counseling to ensure performance criteria are being met.
• Implement Short-Term Problem Containment and Long-Term Corrective Action for Shortages and Missed Shipments
• Drive continuous improvement of current systems and processes and work closely with production planning and management to optimize the value stream opportunities.
• Responsible and accountable for Cycle Counts of required locations per published schedules.
• Performance to Budget
• Interface with and support: manufacturing, quality control, finance, planning, field service, and order management
• Bachelor's degree and /or equivalent applicable work experience. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing and/or RMA operations, preferably in large capital equipment or medical device industry• Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. QAD and Agile experience preferred.• Proven track record of being an effective Supervisor in a fast paced manufacturing company• Demonstrated knowledge of Kanban systems, kitting, and other Lean material flow practices.• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.• Proven ability to lead a team to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.• Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.• Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction• Effectively manages task breakdown, helps keep individual contributors on task, player-coach, ability to step in and perform hard tasks.• In depth knowledge of inventory control systems and processes and root cause analysis.• Expert knowledge of safety requirements and material handling equipment operation.• Knowledge of Clean room practices is a plus.• Ability to be flexible in job duties as new facility ramps up into full production
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.