Intuitive Surgical Careers
Import Export Specialist
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181333
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Import Export Specialist is responsible for executing logistics policies and procedures to ensure import and export transactions are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. Work with customs brokers and freight forwarders to adhere to customs regulations during execution of international shipments and importation of raw material and finished goods. Assure customs documentation is competed per customs specifications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee activities relating to import and export documentation and regulations associated with the distribution function. Areas of responsibility include: import-export licensing; EEI filing accuracy; US import and export classification accuracyQualifications
• Collaborate with Global Trade Compliance to evaluate and implement regulatory changes that impact logistic compliance operations
• Contribute to development and on-going maintenance of US Import and Export Compliance Manuals
• Develop training and certification requirements for Shipping associates with international logistics involvement
• Escalation point of contact to ensure all Intuitive Surgical US imports and export are transacted in accordance to US Regulations.
• Freight Forwarder management: Ensure EEI filing on time, and HTS code accuracy.
• Broker management: Ensure product classification and other trade data available with brokers, periodic audit entry packages for accuracy, and ensure adhering to record retention policy.
• Establish and maintain Broker and Freight Forwarder scorecard.
• Ensure that company procedures including SOX, Customs and FDA requirements are understood and adhered to.
• Implement short-term problem containment and long-term corrective actions for distribution and customs issues.
• Participate in the continuous improvement of current systems and processes.
• Identify gaps within the department and develop plans to close as necessary.
• AA, BS degree or equivalent and 3+ years of experience in distribution environment with extensive import/export experience.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP.
• Proven track record of being an effective achiever in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing or distribution company.
• Detailed understanding of international shipping documentation.
• Detailed understanding of material movement in a manufacturing environment, including; import and export requirements, regulatory guidelines, high volume package shipments and low volume freight shipments.
• Detailed understanding of customs regulations associated with but not limited to Customs Reconciliation, NAFTA Certificates of Origin for Importing and Exporting, Country of Origin Marking Waivers, 9801 & 9802 Manufacturer’s Affidavits, Truck Transponders, CTPAT, Customs Clearance, ECCN Coding, Government Audit Requirements, Carnet Preparation, INCOTERMS, Letters of Credit, Commercial Invoices and Duty Drawback.
• Experience in HTS code classification
• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.